KK- Thanks Everyone

I want to thank everyone for you well wishes and concern.

As a diabetic, I’ve learned to expect the unexpected.

Imagine seeing a psychedelic light show 24/7, that’s what happened to me.

When I first discovered I was a diabetic six years ago, this “light show” was how I was introduced to the disease.

Yesterday it came back, but only in one eye.  So with the help of proper medication, it is resolved and I hope gone forever.

The picture below is close to what I was seeing, even with my eye closed, but it was in much more detail, almost a 3D type of detail too.

image

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Very relieved to hear that you are feeling better Paul. All the best.

Kate

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! in ’13

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/09/12 at 03:19 PM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

Keep hanging in there Paul, wish you all the best. On a side note, love the site and visit it daily. -Aaron

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 05/09/12 at 03:26 PM ET

@DaveDavisHockey's avatar

Paul, Best of health and good wishes for you.

Posted by @DaveDavisHockey from Buffalo, NY on 05/09/12 at 03:40 PM ET

Glad you’re feeling better Paul!  Thanks for all you do.

Posted by PieceOfMind from Muskegon, currently residing in Sabres Territory on 05/09/12 at 03:52 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Good grief, that’s terrible. Glad that you got that straightened out and hopefully it doesn’t return.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/09/12 at 03:53 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

You lucky, dog. Back in the day, we used to have to take acid to see that kind of stuff. smile

But, seriously, I’m glad you’re better. I can’t imagine what hockey would be like without you and KK.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/09/12 at 03:54 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

Paul, great to see that you’re feeling better and back in action.  Take care!

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 05/09/12 at 04:16 PM ET

Keyser S.'s avatar

Paul, you do not have diabetes, but you do have a split personality disorder where one of your personalities take psychedelic drugs. I have seen this in my practice many times.

Dr. S.

Posted by Keyser S. on 05/09/12 at 06:06 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Godspeed, brother.  Glad you are feeling better, someone has to run the asylum smile

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/09/12 at 07:48 PM ET

It is great to see you back.

This place is my little escape from the rest of life, and it is always to see a “Paul” along the left side of a post.

As for the psychedelic image, I think that is what Bryzgalov saw on his clearing pass last night

Posted by Cubanpuckstopper on 05/09/12 at 09:36 PM ET

VooX's avatar

A little late, but I haven’t been around for a bit…

Paul, I wish you all the best to get yourself in good health again. Same goes for Malik.

I very much appreciate the work you do here, the hockey world is a much better place with you keeping us informed.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/12/12 at 01:24 AM ET