KK- It’s That Time Of Year

update 4/15/12. The ad-free process has been completed for the KK Members who paid for this feature.  I am also extending this offer until the end of April.  Pay $20 for ad removal and save $5 since the cost will be $25 beginning May 1st.

This entry will remain sticky or on the first page of KK for some time.

Our semi-annual donation drive begins now, but with a twist.

I have had a surprisingly number of email requests from KK members asking if they donated a certain dollar amount, could the ads on KK be removed.

Because of that request, I will have this feature implemented by the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs on April 11th.

If you donate at least $20, ads will be removed by April 11th and you won’t see them again until a year from that date at which time you will be able to renew (no auto renewal).

Now all ads will not be removed but the majority of them will be.  Ads to be removed will be the ads at the top of any KK page (728x90), ads at the top of right sidebar (300x250), ads in the very right sidebar (160x600) and ads under the first blog post on any KK blog homepage and also below a blog post on any permalink blog page (300x250).

At times, you may see a direct advertiser ad in those places, but they will be hockey related and will not be viewed the vast majority of times.

In order to participate in this, you must be a KK member (register here).

Then, just click on the PayPal button below (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover accepted) and any donation over $20 will enroll you in the mostly ad-free version of KK, which will begin by April 11, 2012.

If for some reason you want to retain the ads and still donate, just make a notation in the donation form that you wish to do so.

Now, if you are not a KK member or are a member and just want to donate any dollar amount ($1, 5, 10, 15, etc.), you can still donate thru the PayPal button below but you mus be a KK member in order to participate in the ad-free version.

Also,

once the playoffs start

beginning May 1st, the cost of removing the ads for a year will be $25 so you are getting a discount by enrolling now.

Any questions or suggestions, feel free to email me at any time.

One more item, for the Abel to Yzerman fans, I communicated with IwoCPO about this idea and he has assured me he will be back for the next season in full force, meaning you will be reading more of his blogs throughout the year.

<input data-cke-saved-src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" data-cke-saved-name="submit" name="submit" alt="PayPal" -="" the="" safer,="" easier="" way="" to="" pay="" online!"="" border="0" type="image">

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

soon as the check drop I’ll chip in for that Paul.  Get way more than my monies worth reading your site.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/29/12 at 09:48 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks HTO.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/29/12 at 09:51 PM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

Hey, Paul. When I click on the link, it gives me this message:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed.

If I’m “doing it wrong” I wouldn’t be surprised, but if not, please let me know how to fix it. Like HTO, I get waaaay more out of this site than this small donation.

Posted by socalwingnut on 03/29/12 at 11:16 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Sorry about that socal, I’ve added the PayPal button in that blog, that should work.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/29/12 at 11:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Socal, I think that means your credit score is below the Mendoza line.

I didn’t chip in the conversation the other night Paul, I can’t multi-task, like type at the same time throwing a slipper at the screen and yelling for NyQuist to be put back on the top line.  Great idea and glad to be part of this organ-I-zation.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/29/12 at 11:44 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Paul, do you really think A2Y readers would stop coming if the Master Chief went AWOL for a while?  Even on the days/mornings I don’t have time to really read or check A2Y, I still check the main Hockey page here… I don’t think everyone would just stop coming.

Posted by Primis on 03/30/12 at 08:21 AM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

Will the Amazon affiliate link remain?  I’m getting myself trained to use it whenever I buy from Amazon.

Posted by Savage Henry on 03/30/12 at 09:39 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

If I learned anything from NPR, it’s that if you do a fund drive, you need tote bags!

j/k - KK’s main page is far more useful than a hand screen printed hemp fabric tote, of which I have several already.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/30/12 at 10:14 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/30/12 at 09:14 AM ET

I got a bright yellow Channel 11 Topeka umbrella from them once. . .  the last time I donated, many years ago.  I can hear jazz a lot of other places now.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/30/12 at 10:47 AM ET

Paul's avatar

SH, yes, that will remain.

How about a faded Bruise Brothers t-shirt instead of a tote bag.  Or perhaps a VHS of the first game broadcast from the Joe?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/12 at 11:12 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Primas, no I don’t but I do wanted to let A2Y readers know he will be back.  I didn’t want people to think I am asking for a donation yet IwoCPO may not be back.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/12 at 11:18 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/12 at 10:18 AM ET

I think we all know he’s an addict and won’t /can’t leave.  Even the US Navy has, tried (and failed) to prevent him from posting and ranting.  If he has to post 3,000 words (many of them colorful) on Nashville from the middle of the Pacific or Arabian Sea or even Houghton Lake, you know he will…

Posted by Primis on 03/30/12 at 12:34 PM ET

Keyser S.'s avatar

If I donate can I see more ads? I’m single and like to see many dating site ads and sign up for all of them.

Posted by Keyser S. on 03/30/12 at 12:59 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by Keyser S. from therealworldforum.com on 03/30/12 at 11:59 AM ET

Sure, I will email you hundreds every day.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/12 at 01:11 PM ET

KK is one of the only sites I disable adblocker for… Should be able to donate later this week probably $19, to keep the ads and to salute you know who

Posted by holdt on 03/30/12 at 01:13 PM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/12 at 10:12 AM ET

I’m flabbergasted I completely forgot about getting one of my text books from Amazon through KK last semester, Paul.  I’ll not forget this time.

As soon as my finances are settled in a month’s time (like after April 15th), I’ll chip in.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/30/12 at 02:49 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Paul,

Donation sent.  Thank you for everything you do to make KK possible.

You and your staff are the best!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/30/12 at 07:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

done

Thanks, Paul

and a salute to the Master Chief and a stick tap to GJM.

now ... L.G.R.W.  ... 12 in ‘12

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/30/12 at 09:32 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by Savage Henry on 03/30/12 at 08:39 AM ET

Savage Henry has cashed his last check!

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/30/12 at 11:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

$19 today keeps the ads away.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/30/12 at 11:06 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

APRIL FOOLS

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 04/01/12 at 06:10 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

jk

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 04/01/12 at 06:10 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Paul,
A2Y is the icing on the cake. 6 inch deep, with a hooker on top. Ya still gots to have the cake.

And YOU, sir, have the cake.
It is good to be Emperor, is it not?

Posted by dougie on 04/02/12 at 08:20 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Paul, donation made.  Thanks to you, George and the Chief for giving us the best Red Wings blogging out there (and other stuff I enjoy reading too).

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/02/12 at 04:37 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Paul, I know you said you emailed me a way to pay without using Paypal, but that was my old email, no longer in use. I have since updated it in my profile.

So if you could send another email I would appreciate it. For the first time in recorded history, I won a March Madness pool. The money is burning a hole in my pocket, so I’d like to send a few greenbacks your way.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/03/12 at 05:18 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

You won a pool?  That IS madness!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/03/12 at 08:06 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Paul, donating what I can.  Thank you so much for having this site, and giving me a place to get all the latest hockey news AND be part of a Red Wings community.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 04/04/12 at 02:13 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Paul, thank you for this site, and for everything you do.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 04/04/12 at 03:01 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

You won a pool?  That IS madness!

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 04/03/12 at 07:06 PM ET

It was a very, very emotional day

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/12 at 06:55 PM ET

NEB Wingnut's avatar

Paul,
  As a lurker, I’m happy to pitch in.  You do great work and A2Y/TMR are the best cures for my jones.

12 in ‘12

Cheers!

Posted by NEB Wingnut from Omaha, Nebraska on 04/05/12 at 01:09 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Dunzo.  Happy to help out Paul.  Thanks for all the great content!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/06/12 at 12:40 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Wow, ‘Thanks Paul…
Pages loading instantly without the Ads.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/15/12 at 11:30 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Glad to hear that HTT.

People may have to sign out, then back in and if that does not work, try clearing cookies and cache.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/15/12 at 11:39 AM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

I know I’m flying in late, but is there a way to have the ad-free if a monthly automatic donation is done?  I’ve been signed up and doing it for a while and am happy to do so in order to keep KK up and running. Being ad-free, however, would be a nice feature.

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 04/15/12 at 04:39 PM ET