KK- Decision Time, KK Members Your Input Would Be Appreciated

Over the years, I have had numerous inquiries from potential advertisers asking me to post a blog about their product, business, service, etc., all non-hockey related.

They of course would pay for the “info-blog” but I have always declined their request.

As KK continues to grow, these inquiries continue and the amount they are willing to pay increases too.

If I chose to allow this type of post, it would not be on a regular basis, maybe 2 a week, then a lull for a few months, then maybe one a month, etc.

As you know, I am independent of any large backing, it is me and me alone.  I decided on that path because I wanted to be free of what I can and can’t post and I also did not feel like having to report to someone else.

Everything starts and stops with me but I also value the input of the fine and dedicated KK members.

So let me know how you feel about this, thanks.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

It’s unanimous, Paul. No need to sweat the small stuff.

Posted by Jesters Dead on 04/25/12 at 08:44 PM ET

You are my number one blogger ... GO FOR IT!

Posted by rob on 04/25/12 at 08:46 PM ET

Cash in for sure.

Posted by yayamo on 04/25/12 at 08:49 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

PK, I have no issues with any of it.

Been coming here for many years and it’s about time you are rewarded for your devotion to this community.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/12 at 10:04 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks everyone for the response and it sure takes a load off of my mind.

You may see one of these info-blogs very soon, then in another 2-5 days, then not again for who knows how long, because nothing else is scheduled.

But these opportunities just pop-up from time to time and now I can make a quick judgement on them without tossing and turning with it for two days, then declining.

Just to be clear, these posts will have nothing to do with hockey, but it will look like a blog post just on a different topic, with maybe one or two links for further information.

Really, the advertiser is not after the business of KK members and quests, but just want the high Google ranking they will achieve once appearing on KK.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/25/12 at 10:14 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

...the advertiser is not after the business of KK members and quests, but just want the high Google ranking they will achieve once appearing on KK.

Hey, if someone will give you money just for hanging out at here KK, take it and run (straight to the bank). Anything that helps you keep this site online, and rewards you for the ridiculous amount of time you put in, is fine with me.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/26/12 at 01:41 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Go for it, Paul.
Would appreciate it if you still contniue to avoid pop-up, pop-unders and hover adsl
Definitely do not want to have to remember to turn my sound off before visiting KK.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/26/12 at 02:34 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

I say go for it. Gawker and their umbrella of websites have done something similar for quite some time, where a blog post once a week or so is actually an advertisement. What’s nice is that they at least tag it as “SPONSORED” so you know.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/26/12 at 11:46 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Nathan, on some advertisers I will include Sponsored, but some don’t want that but you will know what it actually is once you start reading.

First off, it won’t be hockey related, secondly, you may start scratching your head wondering what I am up to, then it will hit you.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/12 at 11:50 AM ET

Be careful with this situation because Google may see this as a link scheme and punish your web site as well in their search results. See more info at: support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66356

Posted by AdamBruinsFan on 04/27/12 at 01:09 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks for the input ABF and yes, I know I have to be careful with this.

Like I said, it won’t be a daily or even a weekly occurrence unless the offer is too good to be true, then we are all going to Vegas.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/27/12 at 01:13 AM ET