Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 07/20/05 at 12:36 AM ET
* July 23: Buyout period begins; also begins the period to negotiate with 2003 draft picks and teams' own free agents.
* July 28: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for signing 2003 draft picks (otherwise they re-enter 2005 draft); deadline for exercising club/player options for 2005-06 season.
* July 29: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for player buyouts.
* July 30: NHL entry draft in Ottawa. Modified version with only top prospects invited and cut down from nine to seven rounds.
* July 31: 5 p.m. EDT deadline to extend qualifying offers to clubs' own free agents. Qualifying offers are needed to retain rights of restricted free agents.
* Aug. 1: Official free-agent signing season begins.
* Aug. 10: Players notify teams whether they've elected salary arbitration.
* Aug. 11: Clubs notify players whether they've elected to bring them to salary arbitration.
* Aug. 12: NHL and NHLPA schedule arbitration cases.
* Aug. 15: Qualifying offers expire automatically.
* Aug. 22-Sept. 1: Salary arbitration hearings.
Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Add your own avatar by joining Kukla's Korner, or logging in and uploading one in your member control panel.
Captchas bug you? Join KK or log in and you won't have to bother.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org