Josh Ho-Sang A Healthy Scratch For An AHL Game

from Greg Joyce of the New York Post,

Josh Ho-Sang was one of the last five players on the ice Wednesday for AHL Bridgeport’s morning skate at Webster Bank Arena.

He was firing slap shots from the blue line in between sprints as he put in extra work long after most of his teammates had skated off to the locker room to prepare for that night’s game against Hartford.

There was no game for Ho-Sang to save his legs for.

For the first time this AHL season — not including the day off he got on Dec. 17 that would have been his fifth game in five days — the mercurial winger was scratched.

“When you start the year in the NHL and then get scratched in the AHL in the same year, it’s kind of … it’s kind of mentally tough,” Ho-Sang told The Post after coming off the ice.

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Islanders, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: josh+ho-sang

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

Fair or unfair, this is how coaches and the NHL are. So what is there not to get?

“He’s a baby,” Thompson said. “He’s a baby, he’s immature and he’s got a lot of growing to do. I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them? Every piece of this season for Josh, with us, is a development piece.

Posted by ilovehomers on 01/12/18 at 09:27 AM ET

“He’s a baby,” Thompson said. “He’s a baby…”

holy crap! That makes Jimmy D’s comment about Mantha look like a real confidence booster.

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 01/12/18 at 01:17 PM ET

“He’s a baby,” Thompson said. “He’s a baby…”

I’m wondering about the context of this statement.  I wonder if he’s calling him a baby as a way of saying he’s really young. Although he’s follow up statement seems to suggest that he’s name calling.  Bizarre

Posted by Steve1306 on 01/12/18 at 03:50 PM ET

Although he’s follow up statement seems to suggest that he’s name calling.

I don’t know about that. When you’re name-calling, you rarely follow that up with “I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard.”

I think when he says “baby” and “immature” he means “young” and “not fully developed”.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 01/12/18 at 03:57 PM ET

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 01/12/18 at 03:57 PM ET

Haha, I keep going back and forth on this one.  I’m leaning towards “young” and “not fully developed”.  One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of drama when it comes to this kid.

Posted by Steve1306 on 01/12/18 at 04:22 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I wondered the same…. but the followup does make it seem a lot like he’s name-calling. I feel like if he was using it in terms of “young player,” he’d just have called him a kid, or a young guy with a lot of learning left to do. Using the term ‘baby’ suggests that the kid acts like a petulant spoiled brat. If that’s the case, I expect his potential trade value to be very low.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/13/18 at 12:54 AM ET