Jarome Iginla Headed To Colorado

As announced on TSN by Bob McKenzie.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Colorado Avalanche, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jarome+iginla

Comments

Paul's avatar

Three years, $16M.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/01/14 at 02:26 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Craaazy

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/01/14 at 02:29 PM ET

awould's avatar

Crazy money. Clearly Colorado is trying to get some grown men on their team, with Iginla and Stuart. Give their youngsters some role models.

Posted by awould on 07/01/14 at 02:31 PM ET

blammo's avatar

Cool. Good for him. Maybe the Avs get there in his third year.

Posted by blammo from Vancouver, BC on 07/01/14 at 02:36 PM ET

These numbers are crazy. The only one that I’ve seen really worth it is the Boyle figure but it seems he realllllly wanted to play in NY. I’m glad we aren’t throwing our money away. For once I agree with Kenny. These teams can suffer with these big contracts.

Posted by weswolverine on 07/01/14 at 02:46 PM ET

The only one that I’ve seen really worth it is the Boyle

I’d say Ehrhoff was a steal.

Posted by Garth on 07/01/14 at 02:53 PM ET

awould's avatar

I’d happily take Ehrhoff for $4MM at 1 year. Every day and twice on Sunday.

Posted by awould on 07/01/14 at 02:54 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Avs competing with the Blues to improve. I like what both teams have done since season ended but especially the Avs.
Going be weird seeing Iggy change sweaters again.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 07/01/14 at 03:20 PM ET

awould's avatar

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 07/01/14 at 03:20 PM ET

The West is going to be seriously good next year. Colorado and St. Louis just made themselves competitors… only real need for both teams is solid goaltending. Colorado might have one. St. Louis needs one.

Posted by awould on 07/01/14 at 03:26 PM ET

Iggy_Rules's avatar

I think Iggy is more interested in maximizing his last few years than winning a cup. I don’t see the Avs winning a cup anytime soon. Johnson is not the stud D man upon which championships are won.

Posted by Iggy_Rules from Calgary, Canada on 07/01/14 at 06:58 PM ET

awould's avatar

Posted by Iggy_Rules from Calgary, Canada on 07/01/14 at 06:58 PM ET

I don’t know. I think Colorado will make a run in the next 3 years. Not a 100% prediction, but they have the pieces.

Posted by awould on 07/01/14 at 07:11 PM ET