It Will Be The New Jersey Devils Against The Los Angeles Kings In The 2012 Stanley Cup Final

The Devils’ Adam Henrique scores early in OT to defeat the New York Rangers 3-2.

The game was almost a repeat of game 5, Devils take an early lead only to see the Rangers tie it up.

Same thing tonight but this time the Devils score in OT.

added 10:58pm, Watch the Henrique OT goal.

added 11:06pm, Video of the traditional handshake line can be viewed below…

added 11:15pm, Second video below contains game highlights…

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

I think it will be a good final. The two best teams are in it and both teams are fast and aggressive!!!

Posted by timbits on 05/26/12 at 12:55 AM ET

bobinnocal's avatar

Good, I have a team I can root for.  I would have watched a Kings vs Rangers Cup final but I would have wanted both to lose.  The only good would have been if it was a 7 game series.

Posted by bobinnocal on 05/26/12 at 01:06 AM ET

2nd period, I was beginning to think that my team was intentionally trying to shorten my life! But all is well! That was a great game because it was close, both teams really showed up. Props to the Rangers for stamina alone. They were a worthy opponent, and I hope Lundqvist gets some sort of recognition at awards time.

I am especially happy with this win because it’s possible the Devils won’t exist if the potential bankruptcy rumors and all the things that can happen with a bankruptcy become reality. This might be the last time they get this far or even to the cup as the NJ Devils.

Posted by Carthage on 05/26/12 at 01:12 AM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

Love it!

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 05/26/12 at 01:48 AM ET

Awfully bad decisions by Rangers on the series-losing goal. They should learn from Nashville. Take the puck in the glove discreetly, skate to the bench and give it to a trainer. He will take over from here.

Posted by Alex on 05/26/12 at 10:36 PM ET

Rangers had a tremendous season.  Thay have a great young group of players that are only going to get better.  I’m looking forward to some great years ahead.

It was great while it lasted.  they gave their all.  I have no complaints.  This team is no fluke.

Posted by 13 user names on 05/27/12 at 01:17 AM ET