Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 06/30/12 at 11:24 PM ET
from Bill Hoppe of the Niagra Gazette,
The Sabres, of course, also have their own free agents.
Regier said earlier this month it was “probably less likely than likely” forwards Brad Boyes and Jochen Hecht, the notable unrestricted veterans, would return.
Roland Thompson, Hecht’s agent, told the Gazette on Saturday that he’s only spoken to Regier once recently, at the NHL Combine, and he was told the Sabres hadn’t “had a chance to discuss” Hecht’s status.
The 35-year-old Hecht, the longest-tenured Sabre at 10 years, endured three concussions over a 10-month span recently, including two last season.
Hecht made his 22nd and final appearance of 2011-12 on Jan. 21. Thompson said he’s “now 100 percent healthy; he’s had clearance from the doctor.”
“I’m just disappointed that a player that’s given 10 years of his career … there wouldn’t be some kind of personal interaction to say thanks,” said Thompson, who’s “not sure if that’s the right way to exit a guy from the organization.”
more on Buffalo’s plans during the UFA period…
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com