Is It Time We Put An End To the Finger Taunting?

I vote yes!

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: alex+burrows, milan+lucic

Comments

Lindas1st's avatar

Paul, it’s great entertainment, sort of an added value.
Although, I would much rather have seen jLucic just shove his fist down Burrows’ throat.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 06/07/11 at 01:42 AM ET

I second that emotion.

Posted by Seaner from Home of the San Jose Chokers on 06/07/11 at 02:16 AM ET

Or Lapierre.

Hey, the league opened the door to this. Boston should do this on every shift.

Posted by steviesteve on 06/07/11 at 02:46 AM ET

David Lee's avatar

It’s all very childish.  I wish the officials would start issuing penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Something for them to talk about during the off day, anyway.
It got chippy on Monday, and the referees did a pretty good job of preventing all-out mayhem, but they should find a way to end the finger taunting.

Posted by David Lee from Greensboro, NC on 06/07/11 at 04:51 AM ET

The NHL should issue a statement saying that unfortunatly they did a mistake and that Alex Burrows should have been suspended and that yes Maxime Lapierre is an idiot.

Posted by Pierre from Sherbrooke,Qc on 06/07/11 at 08:16 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

I vote no. Burrows should’ve been suspended. In lieu of that, his punishment is that he will forever (beyond this season even, I’m sure) have guys sticking their fingers in his face to goad him.

Good job NHL. Could’ve just given him one game and then all these shenanigans would be taken care of. Hope Shanny wasn’t the one making this decision, otherwise it is a bad start.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 06/07/11 at 10:05 AM ET

I wish the officials would start issuing penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct.

That’s a distant #3 on the list after penalizing headshots and biting incidents.

Posted by Garth on 06/07/11 at 10:58 AM ET