Impressed Or Not?

What team (s) has/have impressed you the most at this point of the season?

Me- Florida, Colorado, Tampa and Nashville.

Now for the disappointing teams?

Me- Philadelphia, Montreal, NYI and Ottawa (they had high expectations from inside the organization).

You?

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Impressed me the most? Well, duh. It’s the Wings. They’ve far exceeded my expectations.

Impressed me the least? It’s the ESPN/TNT/Whatever broadcast teams. Absolutely abysmal. And we’re getting stuck with one of them again tomorrow night. The Mute button will be getting a workout.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 01/25/22 at 04:22 PM ET

The Wings for sure- I feel we’ve added 3 impact players that will be on the team when we win our next Cup!

Outside of that, Minnesota- if the DRW aren’t on I watch them- very entertaining. Nashville is better than I expected, as are the Rangers, and Ducks. Zegras is on par with our rookies.

Most disappointing is the Islanders, but they’ve had some shitty luck. Have always liked Trotzie.
Lafreniere and Kappo feel overrated so far.

The Lightning are still kings until they are not.

Posted by pnwwing on 01/25/22 at 05:58 PM ET

If impressed means better than I expected, I’d go with Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Nashville, Detroit, St Louis, and the Rangers. Disappointing, for no obvious reasons: Devils, Flyers, Jets

Posted by Moose Moss on 01/25/22 at 07:17 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Impressed: Wings, Panthers, Avs. In that order.

The Wings were assumed to be as bad as we were last year by most folks, especially those who provide content about hockey. We took a couple very big steps this season, but we’re also lacking in many areas. As for the other two… I think it was believed the Panthers and Avs were going to be good, but I’m not sure anyone thought they’d be this good.

Disappointing: Habs, Islanders, Flyers

The Habs went to the Cup final last year, and are playing like they’re fresh out of Laval instead. The Isles have had some absolutely terrible luck. As for the Flyers… I really don’t know what’s going on with them.

Everyone else is playing as I expected.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/25/22 at 07:44 PM ET

detroitredwings's avatar

Nobody is disappointed by Edmonton?

Impressed by Vegas and Florida.

Posted by detroitredwings on 01/25/22 at 07:50 PM ET

I’m enjoying the Edmonton collapse, although I think they’ll break out of it and be stronger for it. I get some sort of weird joy out of watching them lose.

Posted by Jdunc from Flint, MI on 01/25/22 at 09:57 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Impressed: Moritz Seider’s Detroit Red Wings
Disappointed: New York Islanders, though covid has ripped that team.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 01/26/22 at 08:33 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Tough to beat the level of disappointment MTL has provided.  I feel for their fanbase.

Impressed by…hmm.  Florida, NYR, and armPitt.  Didn’t expect much from any of those teams.  Florida will probably be a team that’s good but never quite good enough to win the Cup though.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/26/22 at 10:47 AM ET