Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 05/24/14 at 11:08 AM ET
from Martin Merk of IIHF.com,
Major proposals that were accepted for the IIHF Rule Book 2014-2018 include:
- Moving the blue lines to 22.86 metres (old: 21.33) from the end of the rink to increase each offensive zone by one and half a metres and standardize the length of the offensive zone at all IIHF Championships.
- The dimension of the rink is adjusted to 26-30 on 60 metres (old: 29-30 on 60-61 metres) with other dimensions in IIHF competition needing IIHF approval.
- Hybrid icing will be introduced beginning in the upcoming season in all IIHF Championships and qualifications.
- Spin-o-rama or lacrosse type of moves in penalty shots where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal will be prohibited.
- The membership has agreed that goalkeeper equipment should be reduced and that the “cheater piece” on the goalkeepers’ catch glove is the first piece to be removed as a recommendation. This will be tabled for discussions with manufacturers. As such, it will not yet be included as a rule in the IIHF Rule Book 2014-2018. The purpose is to give the IIHF and manufacturers the opportunity to discuss this initiative along with other measures to reduce the size of goalkeeper equipment.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org