Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 04/03/07 at 02:27 PM ET
NEW YORK—The National Hockey League’s exciting countdown to the Stanley Cup Playoffs continues tonight with 13 games featuring 16 of the 20 playoff-eligible clubs. Among the honors still to be determined with just six days remaining in the regular season: all six division titles, both conference titles, the Presidents’ Trophy as the League’s top regular-season club, all 16 playoff seeds and four playoff berths.
Six clubs could clinch division titles and/or playoff berths tonight:
Buffalo can clinch the Northeast Division and Eastern Conference tonight:
* If they beat Pittsburgh.
NY Rangers can clinch an Eastern Conference playoff berth tonight:
* If they beat the Islanders
* They get one point and Carolina gets one or no points against Tampa Bay and Toronto gets no points against Philadelphia.
Tampa Bay can clinch an Eastern Conference playoff berth tonight:
* If they beat Carolina and Toronto gets one or no points against Philadelphia.
Calgary can clinch a Western Conference playoff berth tonight:
* If they beat Colorado.
Detroit can clinch the Central Division tonight:
* If they beat Columbus and Nashville gets no points against Chicago.
Vancouver can clinch the Northwest Division tonight:
* If they beat Los Angeles and Minnesota and Calgary get one or no points in their games
* If they get one point against Los Angeles and Minnesota and Calgary both get no points in their games.
read on for tie-breaking scenario and remaining game schedule…
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com