If You Subscribe To Sirius XM, Do You Plan To Keep It?

from the CP at the Edmonton Journal,

Sirius XM Canada Inc. could be hurt by the NHL lockout with the potential for some customers to cancel their subscriptions due to a lack of hockey games, the satellite radio service's parent company says in its latest financial report.

Canadian Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (TSX:XSR) said Thursday it's unable at this point to determine with a "fair degree of certainty" what the impact of the NHL labour negotiations will be on the company's financial results.

"While an ongoing work stoppage will likely result in a reduction in fees paid to the NHL as part of the company’s licence agreement which involves the right to broadcast all NHL games, our business may also be negatively impacted as some customers may cancel their subscriptions as a result of the work stoppage," the Toronto-based company said in filings.

continued

Filed in: NHL Media, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sirius+xm

Comments

Hank1974's avatar

I have it and I’ll keep my subscription.
I listen to sports radio a lot, so I don’t depend solely on hockey for my entertainment.

Fight Club on XM209 is an excellent show as is the Dan Patrick show, MLB, Mad Dog radio, etc, etc.

Not to mention, the Jay Thomas show is a riot.

Posted by Hank1974 on 11/15/12 at 05:27 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

I’m listening to the “Spa” channel right now. It’s on all day, every day in my home office. Their hockey coverage is absolutely at the bottom of my list of reasons for subscribing. Besides, their hockey videos really suck.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/15/12 at 07:19 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

The NHL coverage is the reason I got XM, but I’ve started to enjoy some other channels, especially during the lockout. I’ll hang onto it.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 11/15/12 at 10:51 PM ET

I will probably keep it, but Mike Ross ruins my morning most every day. It is like waking up to bitter coffee and stale toast. He really doesn’t have an original thought when it comes to hockey and throw in the lockout and it is virtually impossible to listen during the morning commute. They need more Boomer, he gets it!

Posted by timbits on 11/15/12 at 11:52 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I just got it with my new car. I don’t listen to the NHL bloviators. I am quite a fan of the Jason Ellis show on Faction.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 11/16/12 at 08:48 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Heck yeah I’ll keep it. But I never got it for the NHL in the first place and rarely listen to them talk about (nearly) all things Toronto anyway

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 11/16/12 at 09:01 AM ET

All things Toronto?  Really???

Geesh.

Last year, I was accused of having a West Coast bias.

Can never please everyone.  Can’t be done.

(Go Kings!)