Ian White Now A Red Wing

Two years, $2.875 per year.  The Malik Report has the details and will add to the post when more information is available.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ian+white

Comments

scotts0's avatar

I’ll take it.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 07/02/11 at 06:40 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Not Bad !

Posted by Evilpens on 07/02/11 at 06:41 PM ET

Way to go Ian. You busted your butt here in To., did the journey man thing, and are finally playing for a real hockey team! Yeah, currently, Calgary and San Jose don’t count. Yes, rough on S.J. but come on already!

Posted by Ian White Fan Club from Toronto on 07/02/11 at 07:32 PM ET

Now this is going to get interesting with Kindl trying to crack the line up. Two days ago it looked like he would be a 3rd pair regular, and now he’s going to have to consistently outplay Commodore.

Posted by Jesters Dead on 07/02/11 at 07:51 PM ET

Chris in A^2's avatar

I can’t see Commodore beating Kindl for a starting spot.  Not with the history between Babcock and Commodore, and not with Babcock’s affection for young player.; I just can’t the wings keeping the guy that was supposed to be their top prospects on the bench for two straight seasons either.  You have to paly to develop and when he did play he was better than Ericsson.

Posted by Chris in A^2 from Nyquist Puck Control on 07/02/11 at 08:07 PM ET

Nicely done, Tick Tock.  I’ll take it.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/02/11 at 09:06 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I was hoping for White and they went Commodore. The bench is getting crowded. I hope they don’t trade away Kindl to make room.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 07/02/11 at 09:12 PM ET

Randy from Butler PA's avatar

I like White. Good pick up for the wings

Posted by Randy from Butler PA on 07/02/11 at 09:59 PM ET

I hope they don’t trade away Kindl to make room.

I imagine he’s #7.

Might be saying goodbye to Janik though…

Posted by Garth on 07/02/11 at 10:08 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

GREAT signing! Nice grab KH. This is what should have been done before toilet commode. Now lets get Conks, move hudler and get a forward.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 07/02/11 at 10:24 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Might be saying goodbye to Janik though…

Posted by Garth on 07/02/11 at 08:08 PM ET

I don’t think he’ll be a waiver loss and since he’s not eligible to have to go through re-entry waivers, he’ll probably be the first emergency call-up if the injury bug strikes.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/02/11 at 10:37 PM ET

Primis's avatar

This is interesting.  This is a message to not Kindl, but Commodore, that either he plays well or he’ll be odd-man out.  That’s what this is: oversignign and then telling them “Look, go out and earn it” knowing that probably one of the 3 or Ericsson, Commodore, and White simply won’t make it out of camp or something.

I can’t believe it but… I like this signing.  After Commodore and Ericsson, this signing has some actual shine to it.

As for how this affects Janik, I could care less.  He’s not NHL-capable anyways…

Posted by Primis on 07/02/11 at 10:57 PM ET