I Need Hockey, Badly

Irritated, grumpy, grouchy, whatever you call it, I just need hockey back.

Check out my NHL.com blog today.

Filed in: NHL Teams, NHL Talk, NHL Media, Hockey Bloggers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

+1 Paul

This ridiculously Hot & Humid weather & a lack of hockey is KILLING me sick

Posted by Evilpens on 08/10/10 at 11:40 AM ET

Matt Fry's avatar

I hear you Paul.  The only thing keeping me sane is this site and NHL10.

Posted by Matt Fry from Winnipeg on 08/10/10 at 12:05 PM ET

Agree with all of you.  Though I tried teaching a friend to ice skate when I visited PGH this weekend.  It’s always nice to go in a rink on a warm day.  Just weird wearing shorts haha.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 08/10/10 at 12:14 PM ET

Moq's avatar

The toils of work start tomorrow, so it would be nice with a bit of compensatory hockey action. Apart from the Kovalchuk saga it has been a somewhat uneventful offseason.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 08/10/10 at 12:21 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

Isn’t the pro league in Australia in full swing right now?

I’ll let you know when I apply for a tryout.

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 08/10/10 at 01:24 PM ET

aaron in phoenix's avatar

* The guy at the local watering hole who told me he played for the Detroit Red Wings. When I asked who he was he said I shouldn’t even have to ask. When I questioned him about some of his teammates, he named people I never heard of. Busted!

Please share this story with us Paul. I have a feeling that it’s the kind of tale that will lighten the mood.

Posted by aaron in phoenix from Section 102 on 08/10/10 at 01:32 PM ET

petshark's avatar

Thank you for all your work here.  Great resource!

Re: “sources say”
It is sort of frustrating for readers to see so many essentially anonymous statements but I think we are used to it.  I don’t rely so much on the source of the quote as the identity of the person relaying the info. Even a quote on the record can be used out of context to not mean what the speaker intended.  It just takes some extra reading to figure out who is usually delivering reliable info and who is… um… not.  And reading is good for us:)

I would complain about writers sharing opinions that reveal only their ignorance of the subject, but then again this is useful because it helps me identify that writer as someone I don’t need to read again.  I’m thinking of a particular piece published about Nitty recently which began by accusing Sharks fans of not knowing anything about Nitty… sigh.

Posted by petshark from Nor Cal, and on Twitter @petshark47 on 08/10/10 at 01:50 PM ET

You know you’re jonesing for hockey when you’re watching soccer on the Spanish and Fox Sports channels because it’s the most analagous sport to hockey.  (The same would probably apply for Lacrosse as well.)

You know you’re jonesing for hockey when you’re watching tapes and DVDs of your favorite teams over and over and over again.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 08/10/10 at 02:12 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I love lax.  It’s just never on.  Anywhere.  I also will watch rugby.  Again though, never on anywhere….

Posted by SYF from Las Vegas, NV on 08/10/10 at 01:12 PM ET

NHL Network has been a lifesaver in that regard.

It’s been NHL 09 for me, not 10.  I don’t own 10, I’ll be getting 11 instead.  I can’t justify plopping down $50 every single year for the NHL game like I did for the first decade or so.

I also got bored and pulled NHL EHM 2007 out of the mothballs and took over managing the OHL Plymouth Whalers, just for something different.

Posted by Primis on 08/10/10 at 03:04 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

This ridiculously Hot & Humid weather & a lack of hockey is KILLING me sick

Posted by Evilpens on 08/10/10 at 10:40 AM ET

Don’t worry.  The hot and humid weather will soon turn cold and balmy and in five months, when the Steelers are no longer playing, you can get back to watching the Pens.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 08/10/10 at 03:45 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar