I May Ban NHL 12 From KK

How can this happen?

Filed in: Fantasy Hockey and Gaming, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Shenanigans

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/25/11 at 09:51 AM ET

Hank1974's avatar

LOL, this has been going on with EA’s games for years!
There aren’t any fighting attributes in the game - or at lease ones that count.

When I play games as the Wings, Dats, Zetts and Lidstrom fight all the time - and kill anyone they fight.
Last year, I beat-up Derek Boogard with Jiri Hudler. NO JOKE.

EA touts ‘realism’ and in some area’s it’s true. But fighting isn’t one of them.

If anyone has ever played the NHL2K games, then you know what fighting in a hockey game should look like. That game perfected it.

In 2K10, I had a tilt with the Boogie Man while I was controlling Milan Lucic.
I got in one punch, before Boogard switched to his left-hand and KO’d me with one shot.

But enough of my nerdiness. My whole point is that EA needs to scrap their current fighting engine. First-person fighting is dumb and it’s even dumber when the guys you’re fighting with, or against, are all the same.

Posted by Hank1974 on 09/25/11 at 12:49 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

I thought the “How can this be possible” was referencing the fact that Columbus appears to be playing in front of a jam-packed Nationwide arena. But then I noticed they’re the away team.  Crisis averted.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 09/25/11 at 01:58 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Lidstrom and Datsyuk are useless in a fight in NHL 2002…  smile

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/25/11 at 04:00 PM ET

soletrain's avatar

right after this video ... the game froze up ...and then again and again and again. then he switched mode ...and the game froze up.

Posted by soletrain on 09/25/11 at 04:24 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

What do you mean, Paul? It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Wisniewski punch an 85-year-old man in the face. Just like it wouldn’t surprise me to see Gordie Howe still make a fight out of it.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 09/25/11 at 05:31 PM ET

DocF's avatar

If Wisniewski were to punch an 85 year old Howe, he probably would not have an arm left to punch anyone with.  All the goons of the current era are trash talking ballerinas.  I saw Howe fight.  His intent was to kill or maim.  His fights were not these silly thing we have now.  They were real enforcement.

Doc

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 09/25/11 at 05:58 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

He was all elbows Paul. wink

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 09/25/11 at 06:28 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Sacrilege.  Plain and simple.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/25/11 at 06:52 PM ET