I Met The Road This Morning

6:30am, went out for a bike ride

6:45am, face meets pavement, broken nose, scrapes and scratches, mouth cut inside

Oh yea, I got it good today, starting to feel pain in places I did not know I had.

8:21am, cleaned up, still very sore and nose still bleeding in spurts.

Going to take it easy today if I can.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Kaszycki and his Krew's avatar

Hang in there and I hope for your speedy recovery!

Posted by Kaszycki and his Krew on 06/30/21 at 08:28 AM ET

Ouch.  Ice and ibuprofen are your friends.  Hope you heal up soon.

Posted by dwgs on 06/30/21 at 09:08 AM ET

Take it easy for sure, and if anyone asks what happen just tell them you play hockey.

Posted by SevensForTed on 06/30/21 at 09:10 AM ET

Everybody plays hurt in the playoffs. grin  Tell people that Weber ran you over.

Posted by dwgs on 06/30/21 at 09:15 AM ET

broken nose? serious stuff.

glad you were wearing a helmet (?) and full fingered gloves (?) as well.

best to you on your recovery - voltaren gel otc.

Posted by rickytarr on 06/30/21 at 09:20 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Ugh and there are no “easy” bike accidents so I can only imagine how that felt.  Hope you aren’t scraped up too bad - I fell on a run at Christmas and my knees were in rough shape for months.  Hang in there PK!

Posted by TreKronor on 06/30/21 at 09:23 AM ET

Now this is a hockey blog!

Those are some nasty injuries.
Not everyone would take it in such good humor and
post within a couple hours.

Feel better, and if you’re like me and hate taking pain meds
- I agree with above: ibuprofen and ice and take it easy.
Not just for pain but easing inflammation and giving your body a chance to
heal.

Posted by lefty.30 on 06/30/21 at 10:19 AM ET

Damn PK, bet you looked like a hockey player!  Glad you’re alright bud.

Posted by ThatGuy on 06/30/21 at 10:22 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks everyone. Starting from the top of my head and working down… Right cheek will be bruised, broken nose, still having dripping blood every so often, left collarbone feels bruised, both hands cut up, right knee very swollen, ice is being applied.

My nose looks huge and red but telling people you think I look bad, you should see the other guy!

I have the open post for tonight set to hit at 745p, other than that, I hope it is slow.  Spending most of the time in a horizontal position.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/30/21 at 10:50 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

See, that’s what you get for exercising.  LOL

But I join the others in wishing you well. And if your doc gives the okay, the max dose of four ibupofen every six hours for a couple of days will greatly reduce the swelling and discomfort.

Rest easy, PK.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 06/30/21 at 11:54 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Paul,

Did you break the concrete?

Seriously,
I hope you are alright. Do you think you got concussed? Be careful and take it easy.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 06/30/21 at 12:46 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Having broken my nose and my leg playing hockey I can relate. Seeing a doctor for the broken nose so they can set it could save you from breathing problems later. I have a deviated septum ( bones in the nose are crooked ) now because I slept wrong I think and it causes me all kinds of grief when I get colds.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 06/30/21 at 01:48 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Hope you feel well soon.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 06/30/21 at 01:49 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Damn Paul how fast were you going, and is there a spectator holding Allez Opi-Omi sign to blame?

Speedy recoveries, does not sound like you have a fun final few days of the NHL season in your future, hoping they gave you more than IBs.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 06/30/21 at 01:50 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Don’t think I am concussed, feeling normal in the head.

I do know who to blame though, significant other gave me the bike, first time on it was this morning.  I took it as your need to workout more,I should have waited until after the SCF.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/30/21 at 02:02 PM ET

Paul my vote is you should take a selfie of the damage and use it as your KK avatar. Glad it wasn’t worse, but it sounds like a whack of pain nonetheless. Take care of yourself, and keep those ibuprofen close!

Posted by Moose Moss on 06/30/21 at 02:09 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

I took it as your need to workout more,
Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/30/21 at 02:02 PM ET

I seem to recall a stationary bike company got themselves into some hot water because a husband gifted his wife one of their products for an x-mas present in a commercial.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 06/30/21 at 02:48 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Now you will fit right in with all the players who have been dinged up during the playoffs. Hope for nothing more than general soreness in your recovery.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 06/30/21 at 04:30 PM ET

Ouch.  Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery, Boss.  Agree with the ice and ibuprofen, but that broken nose…I would watch that carefully.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/30/21 at 06:38 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 06/30/21 at 10:06 PM ET

Paul's avatar