How’s This Sound For The Western Conference Semi-Finals?

It the teams leading their own series continue their winning ways, this will be the WC Semi-Finals:

St. Louis Blues vs. Los Angeles Kings
Phoenix Coyotes vs. Nashville Predators

Not sure if anyone would have picked all four teams at the start of the season.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

whateverman's avatar

Horribly boring.

Posted by whateverman on 04/18/12 at 03:08 AM ET

beating Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago and San Jose to get there…

sounds like Gary Bettman’s post lock out wet dream.

Good thing the violence is driving the ratings though…

Posted by jwad on 04/18/12 at 08:10 AM ET

Primis's avatar

It would basically destroy any interest the MM would have in the West.  If you think you’re tired of hearing about Eastern teams *now*....

Posted by Primis on 04/18/12 at 09:08 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Sounds like the death of the NHL.

Don’t get me wrong, as it stands right now, all those teams look to be a step above their current competition and deserving of moving on. But the warning always was, be careful what you wish for with parity, Gary… to get consistent support and ratings, you need good teams the Canadian markets, and in Boston, New York, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, and L.A.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/18/12 at 10:56 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

After this postseason, I don’t think I’m buying center ice next year. I’ve been frustrated with this league since the lockout, but they have taken small steps to improve occasionally. It’s been just enough to string me along. I think I’m done now. It is sad, because I love the sport. I’ll just have to find other outlets to watch. The AHL isn’t a fix either, as they mirror the trends in the NHL so that they can fit into those systems.

Hockey is broken.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/18/12 at 11:18 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Maybe we truly are in the end of times.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/18/12 at 12:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hockey is broken.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/18/12 at 09:18 AM ET

Amen brother.

Posted by calquake on 04/18/12 at 01:18 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So what are the 19 of us going to do next October?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/18/12 at 01:48 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

This would be much easier if I hated hockey. I could be an Avs fan instead. They’re pretty much done by the time the weather gets nice, and they would still provide an excuse to drink beer and yell at the television.

But there MUST be a hockey league out there worth watching.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/18/12 at 03:06 PM ET