Hotstove: the Thomas must be crazy

On what might be the last Satellite Hotstove until October, the CBC’s Glenn Healy, Tim Wharnsby, Elliotte Friedman and Ron MacLean discussed Game 2 of the Los Angeles Kings-New Jersey Devils series, the Montreal Canadiens’ and Edmonton Oilers’ coaching candidates, some zany Phoenix Coyotes news, and, put bluntly, Tim Thomas’s ventures into the land of “Doomsday Preppers.”

I could give a rat’s butt about Thomas’s politics as a rule, but if he really does believe that worrying about a world financial crisis is much more important than playing hockey, he’d better start stocking up on gold doubloons, and if he’s got doubloons, he’s going to need help keeping pirates away from his stash. Thus, from my favorite sock puppet TV program ever, I present Mr. Thomas with an appealing option:

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

calquake's avatar

Little known fact: Tim Thomas is a Mayan.

Posted by calquake on 06/03/12 at 03:20 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

You’re an idiot Tim Thomas.  Please take your friend Ron Paul and go back to your nineteenth century parallel universe.

George, thanks for the Precious Roy link.  That was awesome.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 06/03/12 at 03:26 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Little known fact: Tim Thomas is a Mayan.

Posted by calquake on 06/03/12 at 02:20 AM ET

If the Mayans couldn’t see Cortez coming, or no wonder Thomas didn’t see the Capitals coming.  It all makes sense now.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 06/03/12 at 03:29 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

nice

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 06/03/12 at 11:18 AM ET

joedaiceman's avatar

Always easy to mock someone for their beliefs.I’m sure all you genius’s have it figured out.

Posted by joedaiceman on 06/03/12 at 05:14 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Well my bottom line is simple: I don’t give a rat’s ass about his politics as they don’t affect his game or his teammates. Anyone is allowed to believe whatever they want to. What concerns me is the fact that an off-ice issue seems to be affecting his judgment to the point that he is placing his team and teammates in an incredibly difficult situation.

Frankly? I think he needs to see a therapist or something. The guy seems to need help and I hope that for his and his family’s sake as well as his teammates, he finds some peace, because he is one troubled, troubled man right now.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/03/12 at 06:27 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by joedaiceman on 06/03/12 at 04:14 PM ET

Almost as easy as throwing a stone at your own glass house, eh?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 06/03/12 at 06:38 PM ET