Horcoff Suffers A Damaged MCL

from Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal,

In his third shift in Tuesday’s contest at Rexall Place, Shawn Horcoff collided with Corey Perry and felt his right knee pop. He did not return and will not be in the lineup for another eight weeks — at least that was the best guess from head coach Tom Renney.

Horcoff will have an MRI on Wednesday but he does have a damaged medial collateral ligament.

“He got his stick up between my legs. It was like a can opener and I felt it pop right away,” said Horcoff. “I took a faceoff and tried to finish the play but when I went to the net, I tried to stop. There was nothing. Hopefully it’s not that long.”

more...

You can watch the play below, it happens at the beginning of the game recap video…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Edmonton Oilers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: shawn+horcoff

Comments

Hank1974's avatar

Cory Perry injured someone with a dirty play? NO!!!
The next thing you’re going to tell me is that the NHL exec in charge of discipline won’t do anything about it.

Posted by Hank1974 on 12/08/10 at 11:08 AM ET

Baroque's avatar

I didn’t see Perry stick out his knee specifically, but I’m not sure why they collided. They seemed to see each other coming but just didn’t alter course.

Not surprised it’s Perry involved. That kind of stuff seems to follow him around.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 12/08/10 at 11:19 AM ET

Perry clear skated into him on purpose. He saw him and instead fo trying to avoid him he actually moves to his right to hit him. Perry is a scum bag

Posted by jtssrx on 12/08/10 at 05:39 PM ET

Hank1974's avatar

In the words of Mickey Redmond:
“He’s lucky Datsyuk isn’t out there!”.

Posted by Hank1974 on 12/08/10 at 05:49 PM ET

LOL funny. I would love to see a tough guy get a hold of him and pound the crap out of him.

Posted by jtssrx on 12/08/10 at 05:53 PM ET

Hank1974's avatar

Hahaha! It’s the only thing on my Christmas list right now. wink

Posted by Hank1974 on 12/08/10 at 05:59 PM ET

the entire ducks team is Dirty. getzlov is just as bad as perry. Only guy i like on the team is Bobby Ryan

Posted by jtssrx on 12/08/10 at 06:00 PM ET

Hank1974's avatar

And Bobby Ryan is a superior actor to Getzlaf too!

Posted by Hank1974 on 12/08/10 at 06:04 PM ET

that’s pretty funny. The sad thing is the chess thing is Getzlov to a tee!!! Acts like an idiot when he’s losing.

Posted by jtssrx on 12/08/10 at 06:17 PM ET