Homer, What Are You Doing?

George Malik tweeted a link to some pictures that appear to be part of some sort of tradition/ceremony during Zetterberg’s wedding.

At least I hope so.

Hopefully someone can explain.

image

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: tomas+holmstrom

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

Whoa…but would you expect anything different from Homer?

Nice hat, Hank.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/22/10 at 09:37 PM ET

Lola's avatar

The entire complement of guests were wearing them. It’s not a Homer peculiarity.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 07/22/10 at 09:57 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Yes, I saw that Lola, but Homer looked more out of place than the others.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/22/10 at 10:03 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

A sneak peek at what the NHL will make repeat “goaltender interference” offenders wear while in the penalty box starting this season???

Posted by Down River Dan on 07/22/10 at 10:04 PM ET

UMFan's avatar

That picture is just wrong, on so many levels. Looks like something straight out of the 1920’s. Wonder if its some kind of period type of wedding.

Posted by UMFan from Denver, Colorado on 07/22/10 at 10:19 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

I vote hazing. smile

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 07/22/10 at 10:28 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Man, look at all those beautiful Swedish women.  How I wish I was back in Sweden…

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 07/22/10 at 10:38 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

there are just some things you wish you could un-see.

this is one of them:

this is not:

yes, that’s Emma…Henrik’s new wife.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 07/22/10 at 10:56 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

It’s no wonder Sweden is a neutral country. No opposing army could ever take these silly folk seriously. smile

Good one, Dan, but not even those get-ups will keep Homer from sticking his big Swedish butt in goalies’ faces. He. Just. Doesn’t. Care.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 07/23/10 at 12:45 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

JFC…for a 40 year old, Lidstrom is ripped. When I look in the mirror I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/23/10 at 01:20 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Cincy on 07/23/10 at 12:20 AM ET

Whenever I look in the mirror… my reflection cries. wink

Posted by calquake on 07/23/10 at 01:39 AM ET

Lucce's avatar

Its a pre wedding ceremony. Kind of Swedish….

Posted by Lucce from Kingdom of Zweden on 07/23/10 at 03:36 AM ET

Baroque's avatar

George Malik posted an explanation:

The newly married couple was poking fun at tradition and sprung this vintage touch on their guests.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 07/23/10 at 07:29 AM ET

Baroque's avatar

Duh, I meant “soon-to-be-married couple.” It’s early. smile

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 07/23/10 at 07:30 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

LOL.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 07/23/10 at 09:14 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Shamelessly yoinked from George-

“Now bang it [let’s get started]!” says the bride.

Glad to see her head is in the right place.  smile

Of course…now there’s this-

Google Translator doesn’t seem to work to well on it, but you get the idea.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/23/10 at 11:52 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

Homer is looking for his bottle of Absolut…..

Posted by w2j2 on 07/23/10 at 12:20 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

when keeping it real goes wrong..

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 07/23/10 at 01:14 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Cincy on 07/23/10 at 10:52 AM ET

From the link you posted it looks like Big E is dating the Swedish version of Jersey Shore’s Snooky.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 07/23/10 at 03:40 PM ET