Hello KK Readers and Welcome to Bay Street Bullies

Today we introduce our Toronto Maple Leafs blogger Greg Thomson.

I am not sure what direction the Leafs are headed, but I do know Greg will be following them on a daily basis.

-Paul

Hello and welcome to what will be the future home of Bay Street Bullies, the official Toronto Maple Leafs blog on Kukla’s Korner.

My name is Greg Thomson, your newly appointed Leafs blogger who couldn’t be more excited to take on this challenge of covering a team that has such a storied history and devoted following. I’ve always been a loyal reader of KK Hockey and consider it a priviledge to join such an esteemed team of writers. I hope to add another element to the site while also providing around the clock coverage for a fan base that craves analysis on everything from a blockbuster trade (we’ve seen a number of those over the last few months) to a waiver claim.

To give you a brief background of myself, I have covered the Leafs for the better part of the last three seasons, but have dedicated more time towards writing after launching my own blog, Leafs Nation Online, last summer. I have also contributed to Inside Hockey, The Hockey Writers and Maple Leafs Hot Stove. Aside from KK, you can find me on True Hockey and The Good Point, where I contribute general hockey coverge.

I’ve grown up a Leafs fan, idolizing the likes of Doug Gilmour, Mats Sundin, Darcy Tucker and Ed Belfour. After six seasons of mediocrity and a collective feeling of frustration among fans, I’m confident this team will be back in the post season this spring. As a blogger, I’m not afraid to share passion and support for this team.

My other passion is junior hockey. Living in Ontario, I enjoy keeping tabs on the upcoming prospects in the OHL, so don’t be surprised there is a little major junior coverage sprinkled in here and there.

I plan is to stay on top of the rest of the offseason in Leaf land and have a detailed season preview series towards mid-August leading up to training camp. I have lots of big plans in store for the season, which will be announced as I get going.

A special thanks to Paul and Alanah for extending an invitation to cover the Leafs and for getting me set up on the site. I’d also like to acknowledge Patrick Hoffman, who has been always been supportive of my work and gave a sneak peak of what to expect from yours truly in a February Q+A on the site.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you’d like to see from the blog. I’m open to suggestions and look forward to interacting with all the fans. Feel free to drop me a line at gthomson@TheGoodPoint.com or follow me on Twitter @Greg_Thomson.

Cheers!

Filed in: NHL Teams, Toronto Maple Leafs, Greg Thomson, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Doug Miller's avatar

Welcome aboard Greg.

As a hockey fan in general, I too hope to see the Leafs return to prominence, hopefully as soon as possible. Given their rich history as an original six team, not to mention they have the single biggest hockey market in North America. So what’s good for the Leafs, is in turn, good for the league.

Looking forward to reading, and best of luck, as I know it’s been tough times for the Leafs nation for the past few seasons, but they still have perhaps one of the most loyal fan bases in the entire league.

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 07/22/11 at 07:39 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Welcome, Greg!  The Leafs always do seem to make for some excellent reading material, that’s for sure. smile  Looking forward to your posts.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 07/22/11 at 07:50 PM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

Welcome Greg cool smile The Leafs have always been my second favorite behind my Red Wings, looking forward to your posts!

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 07/22/11 at 08:10 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Welcome, Greg!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/22/11 at 08:30 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Welcome

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/22/11 at 09:24 PM ET

KelseyAnn's avatar

Welcome Greg! I for one would be thrilled if you were to add in some occasional major junior stuff, can’t wait!

Posted by KelseyAnn from we have an NHL team here?, Arizona on 07/22/11 at 09:48 PM ET

Welcome aboard Greg.

Thanks, Doug. The city will be over the top with excitement when the Leafs return to the post season.
Let’s hope it’s sooner than later. If not, I will start demanding millions of dollars to watch other teams play. If they do, why can’t I?

Congrats on the gig as well, looking forward to your contributions. I got a real kick out of your blog name. Great piece on NHL 12 today.

Posted by Greg Thomson from Toronto, Ontario on 07/23/11 at 02:08 AM ET

Welcome, Greg!  The Leafs always do seem to make for some excellent reading material, that’s for sure. Looking forward to your posts.

Thanks, Alanah! I’m excited to get the discussion rolling in Leaf land. I’m sure we will have lots to talk about with the recent happenings between the Leafs and Canucks.

Posted by Greg Thomson from Toronto, Ontario on 07/23/11 at 02:13 AM ET

Welcome Greg. The Leafs have always been my second favorite behind my Red Wings, looking forward to your posts!

Thanks, Ducksworth. Let’s hope a strong performance this season can change that. You can be the first one to convert from a Wings fan to a Leafs fan. Boy do I have a lot of work in store.  tongue wink

Posted by Greg Thomson from Toronto, Ontario on 07/23/11 at 02:19 AM ET

Thanks, Kelsey! I’m glad there is interest in occasional junior coverage. I’m always open to suggestions for player profiles and other prospect features.

Posted by Greg Thomson from Toronto, Ontario on 07/23/11 at 02:22 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m confident this team will be back in the post season this spring.

Are the Leafs going to fire Ron Wilson? Just kidding.

Welcome aboard, Greg. I like your confidence, and, love having another Original 6 in the fold.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!