Hello?, Hello?

Whenever KK has a direct advertiser, especially one that is hockey related, I like to do a little promo on them and this one happens to be special.

I’ve been in conversations with Sport On for almost one year to the day, anxiously following the development of their product, NHL Video Ringtones for Android smartphones.

In case you haven’t heard about them, here is a little information about SportOn a company I can say I’ve watched overcome numerous hurdles to deliver a great product for your Android phone.

Basically, they let you personalize an Android smartphone with your favorite NHL goal….every time the phone rings.  So instead of hearing your phone’s standard ring, you get your favorite player scoring a goal - Video and Audio.

SportOn, the company that created the app has worked with the NHL and now has a library of 3,500+ videos from the past 2 seasons to chose from.

It’s a pretty cool concept and being a start-up they want people to test it out.  The link below gives you 1 free voucher to select any Video Ringtone on your Android phone.  Enjoy….oh and pass on the link!

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sporton

Comments

Paul's avatar

One thing I failed to mention in the blog, and it is important. SportOn is NHL/NHLPA approved.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/07/12 at 11:49 AM ET

MarkK's avatar

Seems like a really cool idea, but seems like there aren’t many ice hockey videos to choose from. The only one I could get to load is the ovechkin one that plays when you go to the website.

There are many other clips to choose from, particularly olympics-related ones.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 08/07/12 at 02:53 PM ET

Great idea, no hockey content yet however.

Posted by RC from Here on 08/07/12 at 05:39 PM ET

Marin from SportOn here.

Glad you like the Video Ringtone app.  The link takes you straight to nhl.sporton.com which is 100% NHL videos and where we have over 3,500 of them.

Give it another shot (https://nhl.sporton.com/) and if you somehow end up on the main site (https://www.sporton.com/) just type in ‘NHL’ or you favorite team/player in the search bar and you’ll get all their vidoes.

If it keeps giving you problems, send me an e-mail and we’ll figure it out and get you some additional vouchers for free videos.

Thanks,
Marin.
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Marin on 08/07/12 at 06:11 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Marin, I’m intrigued.  But I still don’t see or find any NHL videos.  If they aren’t available yet, please let us know.  Any time I click on a team, I get “No Results Found”.

Otherwise your site is not working I’m afraid.

Posted by Primis on 08/07/12 at 06:55 PM ET

First off, thanks for all the feedback, we love it.  What we don’t love is that the site’s not working for you guys.

We just checked it on our end using the Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browsers and had no problems seeing the videos.  So, we are perplexed, but we will find a solution.  In the meantime, here are two options:

1. Try a different browser

2. Download the app directly to your Android phone through Google Play and search for the videos there.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sporton.sporton

Once you’ve signed up, send me your e-mail address and I’ll deposit vouchers into your account to get you going.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we really appreciate your patience…and interest.

Marin.
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Marin on 08/07/12 at 07:45 PM ET

Okay, problem solved.  Thanks for your feedback…and patience.
Go check it out and get your free NHL Video Ringtone: