Goal Of The Night

Since there is only one game tonight, let’s award this goal by Pavel Datsyuk as goal of the night.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: pavel+datsyuk

Comments

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

i feel so bad for bryzgalov.  Phoenix choked so hard.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 04/28/10 at 01:25 AM ET

I don’t know if it was so much that Phx choked, or it was that DET brought it hard. They came hard and fast, and not just for one period. If they play this way the rest of the way I can see them making it to the finals. If they play like they did in 4 and 6 again, get the golf clubs out.

Posted by ME on 04/28/10 at 01:34 AM ET

“I don’t know if it was so much that Phx choked, or it was that DET brought it hard.”

I think it’s a combination of the two, but like L-i-m-h, I feel bad for Brysgalov.  He deserved a better fate than being hung out to dry by his team.

This could’ve easily been 12-0.

Posted by Garth on 04/28/10 at 02:03 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

pwned

Posted by pgoody on 04/28/10 at 02:07 AM ET

Oh Phoenix. You were so adorable, what with “your” fans that packed that arena for what…six games to end the year? Good battle by your team, though.

But, I can’t wait to see your team in Winnipeg, Hamilton or somewhere, anywhere else but Phoenix next year. If so, games should be fun to watch with 70% capacity again.

Posted by ElCapitan on 04/28/10 at 02:25 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Note:
That play was the old illegal “2 line pass” from Zetterberg to Datsyuk.  Would have been whistled back in the old days.  Eliminating the Red line was a good thing.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/28/10 at 04:37 PM ET