Getaway Day, What About You?

Some players may be waking up on some tropical island today, others may be headed back to their summer home while some will just stay at home to rest and recover and you can repeat what I just said about tomorrow too.

After tonight, the NHL regular season is off until next Tuesday, when 26 teams take to the ice.  So what will you do you with the time off?

Will you watch bits and pieces of the All-Star Weekend, will you be glued to your TV to catch all that action or will you allow your mind to be free of the game?

I doubt if many of you planned a vacation during the ASG break, but maybe you did.  I know I thought about a quick trip to somewhere warm, but I think I am better off just recharging and preparing for the mad dash to the playoffs.

Whatever your plans are, let your fellow fans know what you plan to do.

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Bloggers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Rdwings28's avatar

Going to see the Griffins here in GR Friday night. Dollar Beer and Hot Dogs.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 01/26/11 at 12:21 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Dollar Beer and Hot Dogs.

Don’t tell Murph

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 01/26/11 at 12:23 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

What About You?

I’m hoping the Wings haven’t already begun their vacation.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/26/11 at 12:39 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

The way this winter is going, I’ll be shoveling out of yet another Nor’easter storm until then

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 01/26/11 at 12:42 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Posted by phillyd from New Jersey on 01/26/11 at 09:42 AM ET

Same here.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 01/26/11 at 12:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

We’ve been pretty luck here in Detroit area, only two days that I can recall where more than 3 inches fell.

But I am sure one is coming soon.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/26/11 at 12:46 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Skipping the AS game. Going to a Whalers game instead, and playing some pond hockey.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/26/11 at 12:59 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Posted by phillyd from New Jersey on 01/26/11 at 09:42 AM ET

Same here.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 01/26/11 at 09:44 AM ET

Count me in.

Other than that, I’ll be enjoying a stress free, Wing-free weekend not watching Gary’s Circus side show.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/26/11 at 01:30 PM ET

I will be attending the All Star Fan Fair on Friday (hoping to get one of the free tickets to the draft), The Skills Competition on Saturday and the All Star game on Sunday!!!

Posted by Nbr1Caniac on 01/26/11 at 01:39 PM ET

John W.'s avatar

What I do every weekend, ice fishing.  Looks like this weekend might not be as firgid as the past few.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 01/26/11 at 02:06 PM ET

pucked up's avatar

Posted by phillyd from New Jersey on 01/26/11 at 09:42 AM ET

Same here.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 01/26/11 at 09:44 AM ET

My fate too.

I’ll end up watching some of the game because my son is excited about it, and other than shoveling, and a cub scout Pinewood Derby, I hope to catch up with my wife some this weekend and remind her how lucky I am to have found a gal who loves the NHL as much as me.

Everyone enjoy the break and have some fun.

Posted by pucked up on 01/26/11 at 02:35 PM ET

I have zero interest in the All-Star game. ‘Hope to get in two or three good skates on the neighbor’s rink built inside his pole barn, and may catch the local OHL team at home Friday or Saturday night.

Posted by OldRedBarn from Saginaw County on 01/26/11 at 02:37 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I always enjoy the skills competition at the ASG and I plan on watching that part.  I’m intrigued with the new team setup so I might actually watch the game this year, not sure yet.  Other than that, plan on reading and catching up on household chores.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 01/26/11 at 03:43 PM ET

The ECHL has their ASG going on right now in Bakersfield, CA, so there are no Wranglers games to attend at the Orleans Arena.

I’m skipping the Gary.ASSG entirely.  I have no interest in that marketing gimmick at all.  Instead, I may be visiting The Strip to see what’s new.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/26/11 at 05:09 PM ET