Forsberg Begins Practicing With The Avalanche

DENVER – The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that forward Peter Forsberg will practice with the team beginning tomorrow.

“I need to see where I am physically and practicing with NHL players is the best way to find that out,” said Forsberg.

Forsberg will begin skating with Avalanche players tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. at Pepsi Center.  He will be made available to the media following his on-ice session.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Colorado Avalanche, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: peter+forsberg

Comments

Mandingo's avatar

Huh?

Did anyone know about this? It’s the first time I’m hearing it.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 01/21/11 at 07:27 PM ET

What?!

Are they just looking to find a way to set the record for most man-games lost to injury in one season?

Posted by nosferatu from Albany, NY on 01/21/11 at 07:28 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Is this actually 2006?

I could have sworn it just turned 2011.

Posted by Primis on 01/21/11 at 07:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Huh?

Did anyone know about this? It’s the first time I’m hearing it.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 01/21/11 at 04:27 PM ET

I did, but in order to hide my identity, I could not disclose it, but my sources were telling me it was about to happen.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/11 at 07:30 PM ET

Primis's avatar

And boy, Brett Favre’s got nothing on Peter Forsberg.  With Favre it’s only been what, 3 years?

Forsberg’s been going on with this routine since what now, 2005?

Posted by Primis on 01/21/11 at 07:31 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/11 at 04:30 PM ET

I don’t think Dater counts as a “source”.

It could be 2044 and he’ll still think Forsberg should come back for another go.  wink

Posted by Primis on 01/21/11 at 07:33 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Oh geez, The Avs really need to leave the past behind and move into the present.  This seems to me like nothing more than a way to create media around nothing.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 01/21/11 at 07:52 PM ET

Crow's avatar

Is this actually 2006?

Or 2008? Or 2009?  Yea we can go on and on…Ultimately, Stevie Y can skate and play better than Forsberg right now.  So do everyone a favor and retire already. rolleyes

Posted by Crow on 01/21/11 at 07:54 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

ALRIGHT!! I call Patty Roy and Borque too !!

Hey guys…were putting the band back together!!

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/21/11 at 08:06 PM ET

Well, it’s proven that when it was the Sakic and Forsberg Show, Forsberg’s jersey far outsold Sakic’s.  As hockeychic observed, this is a media stunt fly-by.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/21/11 at 08:36 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Hey guys…were putting the band back together!!

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/21/11 at 05:06 PM ET

He and the Lord have an understanding.

They’re on a mission.  From God.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 01/21/11 at 08:38 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

From God.

God as already proven he dislikes Forsberg. But that’s ok; for us Wings fan it’s rather hilarious.

The first time he takes a body check something will shatter.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/21/11 at 08:44 PM ET

???

Posted by StevieSteve on 01/21/11 at 08:46 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Cincy on 01/21/11 at 05:44 PM ET

Didn’t get the “mission from God” reference, I take it?

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 01/21/11 at 08:57 PM ET

ALRIGHT!! I call Patty Roy and Borque too !!

Hey guys…were putting the band back together!!

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/21/11 at 05:06 PM ET

Find somebody to run the snow blower at the Sakic house and he’s ready to go !

Posted by mc keeper on 01/21/11 at 08:59 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Didn’t get the “mission from God” reference, I take it?

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Milford, CT on 01/21/11 at 05:57 PM ET

Well, I got it - very funny. I don’t think he has the same kind of musical sense, though. smile

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 01/21/11 at 09:19 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 01/21/11 at 06:19 PM ET

At least it didn’t go COMPLETELY wasted.  Haha.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 01/21/11 at 09:23 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Cincy on 01/21/11 at 05:44 PM ET

Didn’t get the “mission from God” reference, I take it?

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Milford, CT on 01/21/11 at 05:57 PM ET

Jake and Elwood were liked by God.

Peter here hasn’t been since 2003.

Clear as mud.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/22/11 at 12:49 AM ET