Flyers Still Have Interest In Jagr

from Pierre LeBrun of ESPN,

Where will Jaromir Jagr be next season? Possibly in Philadelphia again, although that’s not guaranteed. The 40-year-old winger, who signed a one-year, $3.3 million deal with the Flyers last summer, had a blast in Philly this season. He’s UFA July 1. His agent, Petr Svoboda, has been in touch with the Flyers.

“We’ve talked, I think there’s mutual interest there, so we’ll see,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren told ESPN.com Monday.

Because of “tagging” space issues on the cap—CBA lingo for having the maximum allowable under the cap for next season—the Flyers wouldn’t be able to sign Jagr at the moment. They would have to wait until July 1, when the cap is expected to go up to around $70 million.

“But there’s interest from both sides,” said Holmgren. “So we’ll see how it goes.”

more notes…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jaromir+jagr

Comments

BrendonR's avatar

Possibly considering joining a certain team he snubbed last off-season?  I’d rather see him on Pav’s wing than an overpaid Semin.  Jagr looked awesome this year for his age.  If there’s no Parise come July 1, he’s my preferred backup plan (obviously just for the very short term).

Posted by BrendonR on 06/04/12 at 06:09 PM ET

wings fans certainly forgive easier than I do.  As a penguins fan, Jagr is dead to me.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 06/04/12 at 06:58 PM ET

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 06/04/12 at 04:58 PM ET

how can dis a HOF’er like that?

Posted by FlyersFan on 06/04/12 at 07:13 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 06/04/12 at 04:58 PM ET

Switch the year back to 2008 and change the name Jagr to Fedorov and I think the forgiveness level would be just about adequately switched.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/04/12 at 07:28 PM ET

hudler or jagr?

Posted by callmedrw on 06/04/12 at 08:12 PM ET

wings fans certainly forgive easier than I do.

All Jagr did to Detroit was try and play a couple teams against one another and Ken Holland (Ray Shero, too) showed he wasn’t going to blink.

Not much to forgive from Detroit’s standpoint.  It was just business.

Posted by Garth on 06/04/12 at 08:14 PM ET