Fistric Suspended For Three Games

Brendan Shanahan explains the suspension.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Dallas Stars, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mark+fistric, nino+niederreiter

Comments

wolverine's avatar

Where does the line get drawn?  Looks to me like his skates were on the ice when he made contact. Pretty harsh for a legal hit.

Posted by wolverine on 12/07/11 at 04:34 PM ET

yeah….direct to the head, flying through the air.  Pretty legal.  You’re a tool.  I’d call that a pretty light suspension.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt on 12/07/11 at 04:40 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

Everything Shanahan said I thought when I first saw the replay. Arm is up too although he doesn’t talk to that so maybe it’s just the way the camera angles are. And he says it’s an illegal hit, basically telling the refs they missed it.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 12/07/11 at 04:48 PM ET

TheFreak's avatar

Still, we know Shanahan goes easy on the “name brands” in the NHL. Another big test is come playoff time and the game gets really “gritty”. Will Shanny be on vacation by then or will he be steadfast and watch the games like a hawk?

Posted by TheFreak on 12/07/11 at 04:54 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

O.K. tuxedo, I’m a tool.  Wasn’t directed to the head and he only left his feet after the hit.  I’ve got a better idea…let’s get rid of body checking so we don’t have to study every hit in slow motion and in reverse.  The call on the ice was no penalty, as it should have been.

Posted by wolverine on 12/07/11 at 06:12 PM ET

After watching checks that resulted in injuries over the past 2 years, I feel that this is a just penalty. Mr. Shanahan has just earned more respect the Colin Campbell has earned in all his years and slanted views from his Ranger days. As a fan of the game, the New York Islander team was consistantly the laughing stock of the NHL. When they tried to add a protector, they were looked down on even further. Mr. Shanahan has given players a fair view in the NHL war room penalty phase. I applaud him in his decision.

Posted by Oldtymehockeyfan from USA on 12/07/11 at 11:21 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

The call on the ice was no penalty, as it should have

My bad…Fistric got 2 minutes for roughing on the play…I never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Posted by wolverine on 12/08/11 at 01:39 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

If you watch Fistric’s legs, you can see him leap. He extends right into the head of the other player. Total chickenshit move.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 12/08/11 at 09:48 AM ET