Kukla's Korner

Kukla's Korner Hockey

Fehr Talks After Today’s CBA Meeting

 

 

added 5:10pm,

 

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink
 

Comments

Avatar

well 2012-2013 season is over and idiocy still resides in NHL.

Posted by FlyersFan on 10/18/12 at 05:30 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Please, please, please let the NHL never recover from this. Let the negative blow-back from this mind-numbing fiasco wound the league so bad, it simply cannot recover.

Then maybe fans of other sports will not have to sit through the complete and utter BS we NHL fans have been through the last two decades. For all of the stunning idiocy and BS the NHL has put its fans through, somewhere, somehow, there has to be another league or sport that can benefit from all of this.

It will be relatively hard for me not to go back in a year or two once the NHL comes back, as it will for many people. But what morons we all will be if we do accept the NHL back with open arms. What utter morons we will all be.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/18/12 at 05:40 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

So the NHL is willing to split revenue 50/50 as long as they don’t have to completely honor the contracts they’ve already signed.  Stay classy NHL.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/18/12 at 06:59 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

Alright, I’m going to bite on this. How in the world can you go to 50/50 and still be able to honor the contracts signed? Are we going to see 16 people dressed per game? I’m being serious here. If NHLPA is willing to go to 50/50 how is it even possible to keep the contracts? The only way I know how is non-guaranteed contracts.

How about this, based completely off my misinterpretation of the escrow, we do the old deferred payment system. Every contract is honored, but only 75% of it counts against the cap for the life of the contract. The other 25% will be placed into a fund managed jointly by the NHL and NHLPA and paid out to the players, post-retirement for the years they had left on the contract. For example, Parise would get $1.87M/year for 13 years after he hangs them up from this fund. Just a wild-ass thought since nothing else seems to be sticking.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 10/18/12 at 08:45 PM ET

Add a Comment

Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.

Add your own avatar by joining Kukla's Korner, or logging in and uploading one in your member control panel.

Captchas bug you? Join KK or log in and you won't have to bother.

Smileys

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Feed

Most Recent Blog Posts

About Kukla's Korner Hockey

Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.

From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.

Email Paul anytime at pk@kuklaskorner.com

 

image

image