Evening Line

“We were hoping they’d still be undefeated by the time we got there, so it’s going to be fun.  I was talking to the guys two or three weeks ago, hoping Detroit would hold on till we got there.

“That’s what’s fun about playing the game, challenges like this. As a group, we’re excited about it and we’re going to step up to the plate.”

-Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks goaltender on facing the Wings tomorrow at Joe Louis Arena.  More from the Canucks from Gordon McIntyre of the Vancouver Province.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Hope someone in the locker-room puts this up on the board on game day.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/22/12 at 10:55 PM ET

maybe he could worry about his streak of shi**y goaltending in the playoffs instead

Posted by mike from edmonton on 02/22/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

Said the goaltender who always craps the bed in the big games. Har har har. Most hated team in the NHL for a reason. Pompous asshats.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 02/22/12 at 11:45 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

lol, i dont see the reason for all the hate.  The canucks always seem to love playing the better teams in the league, and i think of it more as a compliment than any sort of insult.  They plan to step up their game to play detroit, I don’t see how that can be percieved so badly

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/23/12 at 12:28 AM ET

UMFan's avatar

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/22/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Same here. I’d respect Robert less if he had said it was just another game on the schedule. Competitors are supposed to be amped for games and situations like this.

Posted by UMFan from Denver, Colorado on 02/23/12 at 01:17 AM ET

“That’s what’s fun about playing the game, challenges like this. As a group, we’re excited about it and we’re going to step up to the plate, like we did in the playoffs.  I mean, like I did in the playoffs.  A bunch of the playoff games, that is.  Not those two in the first series when I got pulled or, you know, the one that Schneider started.  Or those two times I got pulled against Boston either.  But yeah.  Gonna step it up big time.  *cough*”

There.  Fixed that one.

Posted by Garth on 02/23/12 at 02:59 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Remember 15 wins in ‘09 Garth?  Not the worst.

But Lu….............JEEBUS AND FAAAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn a lesson from pumping-tire-gate?

I am going to mail him a book on gamesmanship.  Cause that shit will motivate them.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 03:56 AM ET

Remember 15 wins in ‘09 Garth?

No, but I remember Lu getting pulled several times in the playoffs on the way to not winning the Stanley Cup again.

Posted by Garth on 02/23/12 at 02:38 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Twice.  With 2 shutouts in the Final.  Keep in mind, that we had to beat Coley and Walkom too.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 03:16 PM ET