Evening Line

“Whenever you get a chance to play with the best player in the world, you have to be excited. I have high expectations and my hopes are big. This could be my best year yet.”

Steve Sullivan of the Pittsburgh Penguins.  More from Sullivan by Daniel Perry of the Daily Press.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: steve+sullivan

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I’m sure he’ll do great in the 20 games he’ll play.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/24/11 at 08:09 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

No Pithy remarks there HTO LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 07/24/11 at 08:22 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

haha, better start sacrificing to Jobu EP

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/24/11 at 08:31 PM ET

I guess we will see what happens… very much like the recchi situation a few years ago.  Older vet who still has the wheels, hopefully it all meshes well.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 07/24/11 at 08:38 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

When did Pavel Datsyuk go to Pitt?  wink

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/24/11 at 08:58 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

I am worried about Sully staying healthy, But until the Pens FO overcomes their love affair with Staal they have to have rooks & older Vets come through for them on wing

Posted by Evilpens on 07/24/11 at 10:58 PM ET

Evil, I have to say, I know some Pens fans and they all feel the same way about Staal, and I really don’t get it. I’d take him on the Wings in a heartbeat. I think he is a player you win championships with.

Posted by mc keeper on 07/24/11 at 11:12 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

I think he is a player you win championships with.

Exactly. Anybody who knows hockey can see that.

Posted by cs6687 on 07/25/11 at 12:29 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

cs6687 Well Beavis then lets trade Sid or Geno then sick

Posted by Evilpens on 07/25/11 at 11:14 AM ET

cs6687 Well Beavis then lets trade Sid or Geno then

why do you feel we have to trade any of them.  Building down the center won us a cup, and has kept the pens competitive for the cup ever since.  No team is going to win the cup every year, but we have a chance to every year with the three big centers we have.

please give the staal thing a rest this season… its getting old.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 07/25/11 at 11:24 AM ET

Staal is worth ever penny of his $4m/yr. Sure, the Pens have almost $22m tied up in the middle and they have to be frugal when it comes to wingers but being strong down the middle is one of the most trie-and-true ways of being competitive. I wish the Flames had a center of Staal’s calibre on the roster for $4m. Instead, we have Matt “totally useless” Stajan.

Posted by Iggy Rules on 07/25/11 at 12:33 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

Evil Pens’ irrational hatred of Staal is mind-boggling. And I don’t know why there’s this thinking that the Penguins can only have two of Sid, Geno, and Staal. That three-center model has won one Cup already and sets the Penguins up to win more.

Posted by cs6687 on 07/25/11 at 01:13 PM ET

When did Pavel Datsyuk go to Pitt?

Awesome.

Posted by jaybee on 07/25/11 at 01:57 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Quasimodo? I think not. It’s 87. LOL

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 07/25/11 at 06:01 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I’d put Pavel up head to head one on one with Thid anyday.  We’ll even use a retired Ozzie in net against Fleury, Pav would still dominate.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/25/11 at 08:21 PM ET