Enough Tragedies

Normally this time of day I am sitting at my computer, listening to Fan590 out of one speaker and TSN Radio out of the other.

But today I can’t, I just can’t think of the game on the ice although I have tried to focus on that today.

When I first heard about the plane crash in Russia this morning, names like Fedorov and Kozlov popped in my head.  I was afraid to read the names of those involved in the crash.

But after reading the long list of the people killed today, I now know it is not the names that make the tragedy, it is the tragedy itself.

From tornadoes, to hurricanes, to other natural disasters, we have witnessed all of them this year.  War, just people walking into a building and shooting seems to make headlines on a weekly basis.

All tragedies, all deaths that we wish could have been avoided.

Tragedy seems to be around ever corner we walk these days and I for one am tired and will try to do something about it.

I’ve tossed some negative and bad feelings in to the wind today, hoping it never blows back in my face.

Anything I can do to make a tragedy less likely to happen I will, and as always pray for the best.

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Bloggers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

I know how you feel Paul.  The news sucked the wind out of me this morning.  Hopefully this is the last time we hear news like this in this off season.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/07/11 at 08:05 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

That is why I have a Lone Wolf Mentality Paul ! You can only control what you do & say Everything else is either Completely out of your Control or Mostly Out of your control.
Incidents like this trgedy makes that even more clear than ever

Posted by Evilpens on 09/07/11 at 09:37 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Sad, sad is all I can feel today.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 09/07/11 at 09:47 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Yeah, it sure does put this hockey thing we call fandom into the proper perspective.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 09/07/11 at 09:49 PM ET

God this story is just getting worse and worse.  I just found out Salei’s eldest child goes to my children’s elementary school and she’s only 6.  They also share a 6month old.  This is just terrible.

Posted by Frosty on 09/07/11 at 10:22 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

McCrimmon’s family lives two towns over, right near the Babcocks and a about half the Wings’ players and front office…and the more names become public, the more local the tragedy becomes for…too many of us. Too many for everyone.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/07/11 at 10:36 PM ET

Speedy's avatar

George they live in MY town,met Brad in 95,awesome funny man.i see many of the players thru out the yr.,hard hard to take.i feel for his kids,lost my dad at 7-know their pain

Posted by Speedy on 09/08/11 at 09:36 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

Paul, I’m right there with you.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 09/08/11 at 09:59 AM ET