Enough Of The Posturing

I've had enough of the talk from both sides during these CBA sessions.

As a hockey fan, what I want is to see some honest bargaining going on but it seems that has yet to happen.

Time to lock both sides in a room until this process starts moving forward.

I run KK because I love the game, the game that is played on the ice and not in some boardroom.

Covering these talks is like watching paint dry, after some time people just want it settled and I am asking both sides to start talking, start listening and start getting it right.

Our game will pass us by if we allow this to continue.

Bettman, you've always said you won't let the negotiations become part of the media circus but that's exactly what you have been doing the last two weeks.

Fehr, you too, stop with the grandstanding media talk, get in a room with Bettman and don't come out until progress is made.  Don't wait any longer, our game means too much to us to suffer through another lockout.

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Vladimir16's avatar

Amen, brother. Amen.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 08/31/12 at 04:12 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Thank you, Paul.

BOTH sides are playing this annoying crap and I’m tired of it as a fan.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/31/12 at 04:41 PM ET

johnnygloveside's avatar

Has anyone brought up the possibility of boycotting a game for every game we miss. Including exhibition.

Posted by johnnygloveside on 08/31/12 at 06:01 PM ET

johnnygloveside's avatar

I look to this game for relaxation, sometimes I love the stress of a 7 game series. This however, I don’t enjoy. I feel ignored and dismissed.

Don’t move US into action NHL….

Salaries are high because YOU wrote the checks

Whatever

Posted by johnnygloveside on 08/31/12 at 06:06 PM ET

yzer19man's avatar

Way to say it Paul.  Couldn’t agree more. They better use the next 15 days to get some serious $#!t done.

Posted by yzer19man from Chicago, IL on 08/31/12 at 06:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Wake me up when and if a season starts… I just don’t care anymore.

Posted by calquake on 08/31/12 at 06:39 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

So do we keep doing this every 5,6,7 years from here on out? Im damn well sick and tired of all of it.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 08/31/12 at 06:50 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Hate to rain on anyone’s optimism parade, but the latest Hockey News quotes a source that claims the owners’ plan is to wait and see what they can get until the Winter Classic. Losing the WC would be disastrous, and would poison the NBC/NHL partnership.

The owners feel the negative blow-back from cancelling games in Oct, Nov, and December would be survivable. They will not lose the WC, they will settle at that time.

So, there is a good chance the first game of the upcoming NHL season will be January 1, 2013, at the Big House.

The NHL knows we’ll (diehard hockey / NHL fans) come back, like a beat puppy who doesn’t know any better. We are not on their radar; the casual fan and a possible new income base is.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 08/31/12 at 07:23 PM ET

Zaze's avatar

The whole thing is sad and pathetic from a fan perspective.

Posted by Zaze on 09/01/12 at 01:05 AM ET

UMFan's avatar

All I got to say is that whatever this deal is, the length better be more than the last agreement. An unstable business simply can’t be what either side wants.

Posted by UMFan from Denver, Colorado on 09/01/12 at 01:17 AM ET

From what I see, I don’t see Fehr as a grandstander with the media.  He communicates the players’ point of view amazingly well without the BS or rhetoric you get from Bettman.  In this sense, I think it’s intellectually lazy to discuss Fehr & Bettman in the same terms.

Posted by CallMeJerry on 09/01/12 at 02:38 AM ET

it’s going to get worst. I think NHLPA will decertified as a union and sue the league owners negotiating in bad faith.

Posted by FlyersFan on 09/01/12 at 09:58 AM ET