Enjoy Your Labo(u)r Day

We know what is right around the corner.

Are you pumped for the NHL season or has our game lost its luster for you?

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

I am ready for a healthier, younger (more score?) Wings team
More McDavid
And Ovie’s chase of the all time goals record

Posted by ilovehomers on 09/06/21 at 09:01 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I am pumped to see the new, improved Wings team on the ice! I am stoked to watch Toronto find yet another way to fail.

But I must admit that I don’t give a shake of a dead rats ass aboot 95% of the rest of the league. I will keep my NHL package, but the days of watching hockey 4-6 hours a day during the season are long past.

I also hope something transpires to keep the NHL out of the Olympics. The squeeze just isn’t worth the juice, IMNSFHO.

Posted by dougie on 09/06/21 at 09:09 AM ET

Paul's avatar

To those who celebrate Rosh Hashonah, wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/06/21 at 09:17 AM ET

Beyond pumped, almost irritated.  Chomping at the bit.  I’m Def more interested in the metro and Atlantic divisions.

I say it every year but I feel like we’re poised to exceed expectations this year.  Especially with Taungey running the PP and adding Leddy.

I want to see how serious Vrana has taken being the big gun on our team.  I have high hopes for him and don’t put weight into those previous coaches assessment of him.  He also showed great D instincts especially on the back check.  I’m really excited to watch him a full season here.  I just really hope he keeps working to get better.

Also interested to see how chippy a team this will be.  I felt we did good last year not backing down when the goonery escalated.  I even saw Filpula throw a hit last season.  The guys we’ve added are all no pushover, competitive types.

I’m just really excited.

Posted by ThatGuy on 09/06/21 at 01:09 PM ET

On paper, the Wings appear to be improved with all of the quality acquisitions made by Yzerman.  And they are quality players.

However, I’m unconvinced this team is any better while the coaching staff has had only one or two changes and Blash is still behind the bench.  All of those wonderful pickups and trades don’t amount anything if the coaches don’t know how to put it all together into a winning team.  And I’m already tired of the sixth or seventh year of this rebuild.

The preseason is the preseason.  I don’t put much weight into it at all.  If they don’t win a game in the preseason, it doesn’t matter to me.  October 14th at the Pizzarena with TBL in town, now, that’s when it start to matter.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 09/06/21 at 02:44 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

As SYF suggests, it would be easier to get excited about the newly constituted roster if Mr. Process wasn’t still standing behind the bench. But I’m going to do my best to ignore his “ferocious stares” when the refs get something wrong, and concentrate on what the players do on the ice.

And I’m as pumped as That Guy to see what Vrana can do this year, especially if he plays with Larkin and Lil’ Bert. The same goes for Zadina and Suter. And who the heck isn’t pumped to see Mo play? I just wish they’d let him add a bow tie to his uniform.  grin

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/06/21 at 03:32 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I remember the first time I saw somebody get Kronwalled , I remember some of Federov’s early goals with the team, and I remember the first few times I watched Hasek stand on his head to save a goal - all felt electrifying in the moment.

This is the first season I feel is ripe for the same kind of feelings.

It’s going to be fun to see the first opponent Mo’ed down, to watch Vrana crest 30 goals, watch Nedeljkovic make Waddel rue his drunken mistakes on July 22nd, see some of the new guys bust some chops.

It’s been over a decade since I’ve been this excited for a season to get started.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 09/06/21 at 04:02 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

I’m looking forward to Stevie’s string of GM of the Year Awards starting this year.

Posted by Steeb on 09/06/21 at 05:17 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Eagerly awaiting to see what this team can/will do. wink

Posted by bigfrog on 09/06/21 at 05:25 PM ET

cautiously optimistic concerning bert’s situation – a bad back can be a killer, ask bossy, or Z.

wondering about the next rabbit that SY is gonna pull outta his hat.

this team is going to surprise more than a few folks imo.

Posted by rickytarr on 09/06/21 at 10:38 PM ET