Duncan Keith Suspended One Game

Brendan Shanahan explains the suspension.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: duncan+keith

Comments

Just feels like waiting for the rest of the hammer to fall.  And it ain’t happening.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 06/05/13 at 07:30 PM ET

perfection's avatar

i think this deserves two at least from a repeat offender, even taking into account that playoff games are weighted more. with that said, when I saw it live, I expected zero games due to Keith’s star status. So I guess this is fair(ish)

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 06/05/13 at 07:30 PM ET

I’m actually surprised.  I was fully expecting just a fine because of Keith’s “star” status, though I felt this deserved 2 games.  1 game seems about right to piss off people on both sides equally.

I’ve already received several texts from my Hawk fan friends complaining about the suspension, while insistent that Keith is a clean player.  I explained to them using a word they would understand by calling Keith a “subtle” Chris Pronger.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 06/05/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Way to send a message.  This should strike fear into the hearts of ne’er-do-wells everywhere.

Posted by Hootinani on 06/05/13 at 07:43 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

subtle” Chris Pronger.

Nothing subtle at all. A little shit with a big chip on his shoulder.

Posted by MoreShoot on 06/05/13 at 07:50 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Valek, tell your friends to YouTube, “Duncan Keith Elbows”.. there’s about 7 different BLATANT, injuring elbows..  That’s without digging.

He’s as clean as Patrick Kane is tall.  Disgusting excuse for a player.  I truly hope no child idolizes this piece of crap.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 06/05/13 at 09:23 PM ET

I always just send them to the video of Keith elbowing Salei 2 years ago.  Doesn’t get more obvious and intentional than that one.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 06/05/13 at 09:57 PM ET

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 06/05/13 at 09:57 PM ET

Man, that one was particularly ruthless.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 06/05/13 at 10:01 PM ET

1 game…

I say to come back in the series the Kings bring up someone from “insert farm team here” and have them go last boy scout on the hawks.  I mean, what’s the worst thing that happens, they get suspended for the rest of the series?

Posted by neffernin on 06/06/13 at 02:52 PM ET