Ducks Upset With Yandle’s Slash

from Curtis Zupke of Ducks Blog,

“It’s a tough one to take,” Perry said. “It was a good slash right on the wrist. He got me between elbow pad and glove. It’s bone on stick.”

Perry came out for the third period and ended up playing nearly 17 minutes.

Coach Randy Carlyle said his team was affected by Yandle’s slash and suggested the NHL’s disciplinarian staff might review it.

“We got angry when Yandle slashed Corey Perry,” Carlyle said. “It was a pretty vicious slash, kind of a baseball swing at his hand. I’m sure they’ll be looking at that. That got people a little upset.”

more and watch the slash below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, d, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: corey+perry, keith+yandle

Comments

awould's avatar

Corey Perry usually deserves cheap shots because he’s a dirty classless Duck but that wack by Yandle should get a game suspension.

Posted by awould on 01/16/11 at 03:23 PM ET

So now the ratio of dirty plays committed by Perry to those targeting Perry is roughly eleventy zillion to one. Yandle just became a candidate for the Pearson.

Posted by shep on 01/16/11 at 04:51 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Crylyle is so grating. If he were as outraged for what his team dishes out as he is for what they receive, he’d be livid all the time.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/16/11 at 06:35 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

After just posting on the Crosby concussion thread about not even wanting Perry to suffer post-concussion symptoms…

I sort of giggle at this. Karma is a bitch, Perry.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/16/11 at 06:53 PM ET

I don’t get it… That was dirty, dirty, dirty…I don’t care who the recipient was.  Yandle should be forced to sit at minimum four games.  That was a two handed over the shoulder whack.

Perry is a richard, no question.  But damn, I’d love that guy on my team.  He’s having a Hart consideration season.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 01/16/11 at 07:03 PM ET

HeilThom's avatar

Karma.

Plus, I think he was going for the stick & it just worked out better.

Posted by HeilThom from Hockeytown, USA on 01/17/11 at 11:08 AM ET