Donald Fehr Statement Regarding CBA Negotiations

TORONTO/NEW YORK (July 6, 2012) - National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) Executive Director Don Fehr issued the following statement regarding the July 5-6 collective bargaining sessions in New York:

“Eight Players, along with NHLPA staff, met with three owners and League officials at the NHL’s office in New York over the last two days. A number of items were discussed and, along with the League, we will be looking at these CBA matters in greater detail at upcoming bargaining sessions. We look forward to re-convening for further talks on Tuesday at our office in Toronto.”

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: donald+fehr

Comments

There should be a balcony at the NHLPA office.  When there’s an agreement, white smoke and white doves released into the air.

But until then, it is safe to presume that there’s been no agreement reached.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 07/06/12 at 06:52 PM ET

Here is the official statement.  ” I would like to say that I am going to say some words and these words will have meaning but not a meaning to you in the order in which I say them.  Some may say that the words I said will have no meaning, but, truthfully they do in the order in which i said them. Having given this statement I hop that we are closer to an understanding in the context in which I used such words. Had said words been used in an unintelligible manner I will use other words that may or may not have meaning in regards to the topic that I intended to speak of”. It’s all crap.. Thanks for breaking this tweet.

Posted by Me from Here on 07/06/12 at 07:50 PM ET

Donald Fehr scares me. I think if there is one individual who could ruin a sports league it is him.

Posted by Greg on 07/06/12 at 08:20 PM ET

Posted by Me from Here on 07/06/12 at 06:50 PM ET

And the LORD spake, saying, “First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.”

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 07/06/12 at 08:52 PM ET

gowings's avatar

There should be a balcony at the NHLPA office.  When there’s an agreement, white smoke and white doves released into the air”

Wow, love this^^^^^^^^