Do You Want To Change Your Mind?

A little over two months ago I asked you this, "When Will The NHL Regular Season Start?" and 19 of you left a comment.

Here is your chance to review what you said and change your response too or maybe you want to live by your first answer.

Feel free to jump in if you missed responding the first time, it is open discussion time.

Since I originally predicted a start on November 18, 2012, I guess I should change that to Opening Night, sometime early October 2013.

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

January 2014.

2013 will be spent in federal court sorting out various lawsuits.

Posted by gorskic on 11/15/12 at 10:38 AM ET

The optimist in me says New Year’s Day. The realist in me says October 2013.

Posted by IceAce on 11/15/12 at 10:39 AM ET

Late November 2014.

Once this season is lost, they’ll feel no urgency until the next NBC coverage is set to begin. The league has already conceded that October is meaningless to them since they pay the players, but the gate and TV revenue isn’t there.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 11/15/12 at 10:43 AM ET

phillyd's avatar

I still say Black Friday, just don’t know what year.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 11/15/12 at 11:19 AM ET

I’m the NHL season will start in September of 2013.

I just don’t know how many of the current members of the NHLPA will be playing in it when it does.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 11/15/12 at 11:54 AM ET

Hank1974's avatar

yzer19man guessed we wouldn’t have hockey till October 9th 2013.

My money’s on his prediction now.

I had originally thought December 1st, but if there is going to be a season, I’m guessing Christmas - what a way to kick off the season.

Posted by Hank1974 on 11/15/12 at 12:31 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by Hank1974 on 11/15/12 at 11:31 AM ET

Well, given that Helm and Filppula would be out if the season started some time soon…

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 11/15/12 at 12:50 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I thought Thanksgiving, now I think the season’s done.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/15/12 at 12:52 PM ET

Said January 1, but I’m thinking October now..

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 11/15/12 at 01:41 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

I said November 2nd, 2012…..Well that’s wrong.  Now guessing October 2013 :/

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 11/15/12 at 02:20 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

October 2013.  Sigh.  Will there be any fans left to watch?

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 11/15/12 at 07:17 PM ET