Did He Or Didn’t He?

from David Ashenfelter of the Detroit Free Press,

Rachel Paris says the general manager of the Anaheim Ducks threw a chair at her and injured her in a fit of anger over his team’s loss to the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup playoffs in 2009.

But Bob Murray and two of his top assistants say they have no idea what Paris is talking about.

Lawyers on both sides of the dispute will select a jury today in U.S. District Court in Detroit to decide who is telling the truth in a lawsuit filed by Paris.

“She’s lost her house, she’s lost her car and she hasn’t been able to work,” Paris’ lawyer, Mayer Morganroth of Birmingham, said Monday. He said Paris suffered debilitating injuries that have prevented her from working.

Murray’s lawyer, Steven Potter of Auburn Hills, said the accusations are bogus: “We’re confident that the jury will make the right decision after they hear all of the evidence.”

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: bob+murray

Comments

pautna's avatar

This is why he’s called Barstool Bob around here. And since he’s associated with the ducks, his ‘ignorance’ defense is plausible, but I’m sure he’s guilty.

Posted by pautna on 08/14/12 at 11:13 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’m sorry to hear about what has happened to this woman.  That sounds terrible.

-But-

That won’t stop me from laughing my ass off that the Wings made old Bob that mad.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 08/14/12 at 11:17 AM ET

I remember reading of this at the time and didnt Murray at the very least acknowledge that it happened?  Also thought Rachel Paris shrugged it off as no big deal because she wasn’t injured and wasnt threatening any sort of action against Bob.

Posted by ryan on 08/14/12 at 11:54 AM ET

Alan's avatar

I remember reading about this before, and was just wondering the other day what happened with all this. The wheels of justice grind on ever so slowly.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 08/14/12 at 01:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I vaguely recall seeing video of the incident when it happened. A chair or stool was thrown or swung and a woman was hit.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In ‘13

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/14/12 at 03:08 PM ET

I dont know the whole story.

is she someone that works at the arena or a reporter ?

Posted by butch on 08/14/12 at 04:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

is she someone that works at the arena or a reporter ?

Posted by butch on 08/14/12 at 03:55 PM ET

She was a contract broadcast producer. I know there is some footage of Murray throwing the stool/chair and hitting her. It was in one of the arena VIP Boxes.

I can’t remember if it was during the broadcast of the game. I am thinking it was though.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In ‘13

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/14/12 at 06:37 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

I do recall seeing a vid as well.  I’m sure her attoney has plenty of copies.  He did throw the furniture quite hard and it did hit the lady in question.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 08/14/12 at 06:45 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

ATTORNEY

Stupid typos!

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It was in the press box.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In’13