Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Michael Smith on 09/20/10 at 05:45 PM ET
• Tom Gulitti discusses the disappointing finish last season from Jamie Langenbrunner. Said Langenbrunner on the media’s theories for his late-season struggles:
“I usually don’t read what goes on, but after the season I read a lot of what was said and I’m not going to comment on what’s the truth and what’s not,” Langenbrunner told me. “It’s probably somewhere in the middle of what’s said. I’m not going to drag that out there. That’s the past. I’m happy about the direction the team is going and looking forward to that.”
• The Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere writes about the signing of defenseman Henrik Tallinder being overlooked in the all the chaos that surrounded Ilya Kovalchuk’s new deal. Chere also points out the potential for Tallinder to be an influence on young Swedish prospects Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby and Alexander Urbom.
• Adam Mair told Fire & Ice that he accepted the Devils training camp invitation in large part for “a chance to win the Stanley Cup.”
• More from the same article with a bit of an explanation for all those times Travis Zajac was thrown out of the face-off circle last season:
“I like to take the advantage as much as possible,” he said. “You kind of know what refs allow. It’s just testing that limit and any time you can get an advantage why not take it. It’s tough. Everyone is set now, so a lot of it quickness and power and strength. All you can do is work on it, work on your timing.”
• Lastly, just another reminder that Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) is an absolute must-follow on Twitter for all the latest on training camp practices and scrimmages. Unfortunately, he brings a bit of bad news for the first pre-season game against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday. Despite being broadcast on the NHL Network, the game will be blacked out in the NJ area.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org