Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Michael Smith on 09/18/10 at 12:40 PM ET
Devils in the Details is a daily round-up of links to all things Devils-related throughout the season.
• Tom Gulitti discusses the flexibility tryouts Marcus Nilsson and Adam Mair would give the Devils should they need to deal a forward to get under the salary cap.
• More on Mair from John Fischer at In Lou We Trust, who takes an in-depth, by-the-numbers look at the gritty Sabres forward. The numbers don’t look good.
• Lou Lamoriello likes the look of his team thus far. Mark Everson agrees and calls the defense the best since Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer left.
•Tom Gulitti and Rich Chere are obviously the two guys to track today as camp opens in Newark. Both are reporting that a line of Zach Parise-Travis Zajac-Ilya Kovalchuk skated together today, with Kovalchuk enjoying one of his first looks at right wing.
• Asked if he also liked his linemates, Kovalchuk replied,
“Who wouldn’t? Those two are probably (two) of the best players in the league, so it’s always fun to play with great players.”
• Lastly, a note from yesterday. The door has apparently not closed on defenseman Mike Mottau according to Lou Lamoriello. I’ll have more to say about this topic, but I personally would love if Mike Mottau made this team. He stepped up in a huge way last year, doing more than most thought possible with more minutes and responsibility than he has likely ever had. I, for one, would sign this petition to have him back in a heartbeat.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org