Detroit vs. Montreal

Every year I dream of a Detroit/Montreal SCF.

Hopefully in my lifetime, I was just a kid when the last met, and yes, Henri Richard did direct the puck in to the net, I hope to witness at least one more series.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

This would be super, nothing but the best for both countries

Posted by bob knoska from Romeo Michigan on 01/25/12 at 10:08 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Open up Kuklas Korner this evening for some intelligent hockey talk and see that 5 out of the first 8 articles are Habs-centric. Can we just drop the pretense and start calling the site Kuklas Habs Korner?  rolleyes

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 01/25/12 at 10:19 PM ET

habman's avatar

Paul:

No question that in ‘66 Henri Richard did push the puck in with his hand. And this from a Habs fan.  smile

Posted by habman on 01/26/12 at 01:21 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thank you habman. I was ten and cried my eyes out for days.

I feel better now.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/26/12 at 01:25 AM ET

5 out of the first 8 articles are

Yeah I thought for a moment I had opened the Cain and Abel blog!

Posted by timbits on 01/26/12 at 02:20 AM ET

What a great game! Just like old times!

Posted by Marc10 on 01/26/12 at 02:48 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

KK is often wings heavy, and I’m okay with that. I don’t mind another team getting a day in the sun.

I was pretty bummed in the 08 season that the Habs failed to advance, as we nearly had the original 6 final. MTL was so good that year.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/26/12 at 12:10 PM ET

I agree, 5 articles about Montreal and Detroit isn’t Wings heavy…

Posted by timbits on 01/26/12 at 01:01 PM ET

DocF's avatar

I loved that game, especially since my hero set up the winning goal.  I always thought highly of Metro (pronounced Meetro) Prestye.  He was the Kris Draper of that era and was much more valuable than most fans thought.

God! I’m old.

Doc

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 01/26/12 at 03:39 PM ET

that 66 series was a black day for the Wings.  I too cried that night, could not believe what had happened.  I think I listened to it on my transistor radio in bed.  Roger Crozier was great and I believe Bill Gadsby was still playing & thought it was a shame he would never win the Cup.  If Doug Barkley hadnt had his eye put out by Doug Mohns, we might have had the defense to win that year.  Anyway, the Red Wings never challenged again for 30 years.  Montreal always got the breaks and the calls going their way.  If we ever were to meet again, I expect the results will be much more favorable to us.

Posted by howie young on 01/26/12 at 05:03 PM ET