Dater Hearing Things

from Adrian Dater of All things Avs,

“Are Joe Sacco and Greg Sherman, and maybe others, gone from their jobs with the Avs?” Usually, I know pretty well about these things. But I’m not sure what the H is going to happen at the moment. If I had to say, based on my reporting: everything is still being evaluated. They could both well be gone, but as far as I can say at this second, it isn’t a done deal yet. And it may not be a done deal at all.

“What have you been hearing?” I’ve heard that Patrick Roy could be in the mix again as a possible coach. I’ve heard Tim Army will be the next coach. I’ve heard that Guy Boucher might be the next coach. I’ve heard that Sherman and Pierre and Eric Lacroix could be broomed by the Kroenkes. I’ve heard Joe Sakic will be the next John Elway of the Avs. I’ve heard all that. But have I been satisfied enough from my sources/reporting to actually authoritatively report that any of the above will happen? Nope. That’s why you haven’t seen anything from me on these scenarios.

“Who will the Avs pick with their top-three pick? If they win the No. 1 choice (18.8 percent chance to Florida’s 25 percent) I feel certain they will take D-man Seth Jones. If they don’t get that pick, I think they’ll still try to trade up to get it.

moew

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

meow to you too Paul.  I’m guessing it’s just a typo (instead of more) and not in reference to supertroopers, but it still made me laugh.

Posted by Josey Wales on 04/28/13 at 07:43 AM ET

Paul's avatar

I am lost JW, no idea about the reference to supertroopers, I have no idea what that means although I may recall it was a tv show or cartoon?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/28/13 at 07:46 AM ET

A stoner movie where some cops see how many times they can say “meow” to someone they pull over in one scene.  I figured it was just a typo but it did make me laugh.

Posted by Josey Wales on 04/28/13 at 07:49 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Ah, and a laugh on a Sunday morning is a good thing.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/28/13 at 07:52 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

More from Dater:

It must make ‘Dique fans especially sad to see the Wings make the playoffs for their 22nd consecutive season, in a rebuilding year no less.

cool smirk

Posted by w2j2 on 04/28/13 at 08:34 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Sacco has yet to have a winning season.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/28/13 at 09:34 AM ET

Primis's avatar

From w2j2’s link:

“The franchise that was once the gold standard in the NHL has morphed into cubic zirconia.”

And this is why Dater is a hack and nobody can ever take him seriously.  COL was never the “gold standard” and to put so in writing is just a total joke.  Even in the Avs’ “golden years” they were still getting bounced by the Wings, who were winning more Cups in that same time period.

As far as Sacco… Sacco’s not the one bringing in players.  The team is just not very good, period.  Blame the incompetent GM.

Posted by Primis on 04/28/13 at 11:40 AM ET

Fuching seriously???

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/28/13 at 01:02 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

CZ are fake diamonds, not fake gold. What a shitty metaphor.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/28/13 at 02:29 PM ET

CZ are fake diamonds, not fake gold. What a shitty metaphor.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/28/13 at 02:29 PM ET

Bingo Bango.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/28/13 at 02:34 PM ET

igrover's avatar

Dater hearing things . Yeah the only thing he is hearing are people questioning who is the bigger douche canoe, him or Pierre Macquire.

Posted by igrover on 04/28/13 at 04:27 PM ET