Dan Ellis Says Goodbye To Twitter

via Dan Ellis tweets,

I am shutting down my twitter because in no way shape or form do I want this to disrupt my team.

Peace out twitter!

Filed in: NHL Teams, Tampa Bay Lightning, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dan+ellis

Comments

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I hope you’re happy, Twitterers.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/09/10 at 09:15 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

About time someone took responsibility for something they said instead of blaming others for blowing it out of proportion.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/09/10 at 09:46 AM ET

I hope you’re happy, Twitterers.

Yeah, hope you’re happy for causing such an enormous loss to society!!!!!

Posted by Garth on 09/09/10 at 11:11 AM ET

drimo's avatar

I think it is a loss to us as fans.  Despite his stupid comments, it was nice to read some of his thoughts as a player. The comment that sticks out in my head is when he was asked if he remembers highlight goals against him and he said “only Datsyuk’s goal”.  That’s a side of the athlete that media doesn’t really portray to readers.

Posted by drimo from Cincinnati, OH on 09/09/10 at 11:34 AM ET

Greg's avatar

Exactly J.J….it’s a loss to anyone that gets tired of listening to any athlete from any sport give boring uninsightful interviews.  No wonder everyone follows Paul Bissonette (me included), he talks about pounding dickheads at bars, and how many times he got laid by having his dates watch the DVD ‘Planet Earth’.  He was actually banned from Twitter for calling someone a “Commie”...and that received less attention that Ellis did.

Ellis should have just said ” i make a lot of money, but I still have to be careful what i do with it, and how I manage it.”

Posted by Greg on 09/09/10 at 12:24 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

If he wants to give up that Ferrari, I’d let him keep it at my home.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/09/10 at 12:37 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I hope you’re happy, Twitterers.

Yeah, hope you’re happy for causing such an enormous loss to society!!!!!

Posted by Garth on 09/09/10 at 10:11 AM ET

Why does the loss have to be enormous to be regrettable?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/09/10 at 01:28 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Yeah, hope you’re happy for causing such an enormous loss to society!!!!!

Clearly, what we need are more athletes afraid to speak their mind outside of the normal, canned quotes that we’ve all come to love and adore.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 09/10/10 at 02:51 AM ET