Daly Discouraged

from Chris Johnston of the CP at the Winnipeg Free Press,

Pessimism is growing around the NHL's stalled collective bargaining talks.

With no future negotiations scheduled, the league is getting close to another round of game cancellations that will further shorten any potential season.

Asked on Thursday if the labour dispute had put the entire year in jeopardy, deputy commissioner Bill Daly replied "I hope not."

"But I'm more discouraged now than I have been at any point in the process," Daly added.

The league and NHL Players' Association appeared to be putting on a push to make an agreement last week when they met over six consecutive days in New York.

continue for a recap of the latest CBA talk...

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: bill+daly

Comments

Heh.  I think Daly’s far more hardcore hardline than Gary.Ass.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 11/15/12 at 04:48 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Awww, Bill Daly haz a sad :’(

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/15/12 at 04:54 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I wish he’d get drunk around a campfire and pen some poetry about his current emotional state. It’s much more entertaining that way.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 11/15/12 at 05:31 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I officially gave up on the season on Tuesday.  I was holding out some slim hope until then.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 11/15/12 at 06:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 11/15/12 at 05:31 PM ET

Before or after he cuts himself?

Posted by calquake on 11/15/12 at 06:28 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Before or after he cuts himself?

Posted by calquake on 11/15/12 at 06:28 PM ET

Either one, doesn’t really matter at this point.

Figure if we can’t have hockey, we should at least be entertained by the follies of the NHL and NHLPA.

Between the two of them it is obvious they can’t run a backyard carnival, let alone a multi-billion dollar league. But as far as theatrics and emotional performances worthy of such Oscar-winning movies like “Plan 9 From Outer Space”, we may as well get some fun out of this sad ordeal.

Sonofabitch, am I bored.