Dallas Trades Derek Roy To Vancouver

Filed in: NHL Teams, Dallas Stars, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: derek+roy

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Connauton

VAN picking up a top 6 center?  I don’t know if that’s worth a second rounder and your BEST prospect?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 12:00 PM ET

Well, there is your rough trade value for Filpulla

Posted by Django on 04/02/13 at 12:07 PM ET

perfection's avatar

best prospects are the going rate for this trade deadline. Kenny’s been saying this for weeks to deaf fan ears. If we are to make a move that matters it’ll cost us big time. The question is if that is really worth it? Are we really one player away from having all that better of a chance?

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 04/02/13 at 12:08 PM ET

blah blah blah blah blah
Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 04/02/13 at 01:08 PM ET

So there’s no argument that Filppula isn’t work a high draft pick or a top prospect, right?

Posted by Garth on 04/02/13 at 12:12 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lmao, I was being sarcastic.  He was a team worst -12 on his AHL team, he got pushed down the depth chart with the addition of VANDERMEER.

Sure, I’d trade Billins for Roy.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 12:16 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by Garth on 04/02/13 at 01:12 PM ET

I hadn’t even got to that part of the argument yet, thanks.  Wont have an answer that makes sense so you’ll probably get something about having a window to win the cup, and parity and being wide open, and your intelligence will be called into question… anything to avoid admitting MAYBE they’re wearing rose colored glasses and might be holding a double standard for Detroit.

Like, YUP BEST PROSPECT IS WHAT IT COSTS FOR A PLAYER LIKE ROY.. and they’re the same people who say, FIL IS WORTH MORE ON THE TEAM THAN TRADED.  Really?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 12:19 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Posted by Garth on 04/02/13 at 01:12 PM ET

do not understand your post at all. I think we SHOULD trade Filps for a high draft pick or prospect if we aren’t going to resign him. I’ve been saying that for months. Obviously if you just read “blah blah blah” it would explain your consistently nonsensical responses.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 04/02/13 at 12:22 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

When you start making about as much sense as HD, and are just as long winded, Blah blah blah is what it starts turning into.

Thankfully, you never paint in broad strokes. /sarcasm

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 12:24 PM ET

it would explain your consistently nonsensical responses.

Maybe you’d prefer to explain your condescending responses to comments that nobody made in this thread?  Did HockeyinHD taking some time off and ask that you fulfill his responsibilities for him?

Posted by Garth on 04/02/13 at 12:28 PM ET

best prospects are the going rate for this trade deadline.
Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 04/02/13 at 01:08 PM ET

Apparently not for folks named Ray Shero….

Posted by Jack McFly on 04/02/13 at 01:48 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

No one gives the farm for the rental.  It-never-happens.  Nash was supposed to cost an entire franchise, they got the equivalent of Cleary and Filpulla and a couple picks.. for a former 40 goal scorer, who’s in his 20’s and we have too many F’s this season as it is, especially seeing what our youth was capable of.  We’re trying to figure out who we can move and can not resign now.

Why it’s perpetuated that you’ll have to sell your franchise to get ONE player, I have no idea.  Even Kovalchuk, the highest scorer the past 7-8 years was traded for a couple guys who I have no idea.. I think Cormier was one.. where’s he?  Where’s the other guy?

I know where Kovy is.  He was in the Stanley Cup finals last season.  Jersey seems to be hanging in there.

Wish people would quit feeding the line that you have to firesale to get a rental FA.  It’s ludacris (tell me why auto-correct capitalized the “L” in Ludacris?))(did it again)

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 02:01 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 03:01 PM ET

Because he’s that awesome.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/02/13 at 02:05 PM ET

Oduya and a first round draft pick that was flipped into Byfuglien?

Posted by Django on 04/02/13 at 02:17 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Oduya who hasn’t been good since that trade?

And they had to TRADE to turn that pick into Buff right?  Kinda proves my point.

I just don’t think there’s a Buff out there for us.

And I would ABSOLUTELY do that trade again, and you can’t tell me NJ mortgaged the future.  You’d have to go look at the prospects moved in that trade, and Cormier was getting a lot of recognition at the time.  Just shows how hard it is to tell who’ll make it to the NHL, even more reason to take a chance on a stalwart FA, like Rick Nash, again had for a Cleary and Filpulla.  Two guys likely not to be with us next year.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/02/13 at 02:47 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

not a bad trade, I really lilke connauton, hope he doesnt develop to be as good as i think he can be.  I’d rather have steve ottt tho

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 04/02/13 at 03:31 PM ET