Crosby Updates His Heath Status

from Sam Kasan of Penguins Report,

Here are some quick comments from Crosby…

“Not (feeling) bad. I’m not happy about watching. But I have to make sure with these sort of things that I’m careful and making sure I’m 100 percent before coming back. No timetable.

“I did my ImPACT test and it went pretty good. That was a good sign. It’s much different than previously going through that stuff. That was encouraging. I skated following day after with exertion. I just didn’t feel right. After talking with everyone I figured it was better to be cautious and not take any chances. That’s where I’m at right now.

continued

added 2:47pm, Watch the Crosby media scrum below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sidney+crosby

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

When is Mario going to FIRE Chip Burke & the rest of the INCOMPETENT Training/Medical staff?? They have potentially destroyed a Generational Player with their incompetence

Posted by Evilpens on 12/12/11 at 04:01 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Any word on Letang?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 12/12/11 at 06:30 PM ET

Paul's avatar

mrfluffy, he didn’t skate and no other update.  Michalek skated and is now day-to-day.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/12/11 at 06:34 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Any word on Marc Savard?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 12/12/11 at 06:48 PM ET

Paul's avatar

The last I read about Savard WFIBL is he is coaching peewee in Peterborough.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/12/11 at 06:53 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

The last I read about Savard

That’s sad.  He’s one of the big reasons that rules have changed but no one gives a shit enough to cover what he’s going through right now.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 12/12/11 at 06:58 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Concussions are tricky, Evilpens - and as discouraging as it is that Crosby is having mild symptoms again, it doesn’t mean that his career is over yet.

Fans just have to be patient the same way Crosby himself has to, no matter how hard if is for anyone.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 12/12/11 at 08:24 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

I know Baroque But if the incompetent fools wouldn’t have let him play the rest of the WC & then play against TB & get a 2nd Concussion & then fly All NO NO’s in the concussion treatment book he wouldn’t been as concussed as he was!

Steelers have Dr Joesph Maroon as the Concussion/Head Dr. Pens is Chip Burke a Hack & a Orthopedist

Maroon is world renown as a Concussion specialist &  Burke is known as a Friend Of Mario which makes him bulletproof

Posted by Evilpens on 12/12/11 at 09:30 PM ET