Corey Crawford On Leave Of Absence From The New Jersey Devils

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

Well that didn’t last long.  Who knows what’s going on here, and I’m not going to speculate, but this guy had so many issues with concussions in Chicago…he was going to be a risk to any team which signed him.  I honestly couldn’t believe he wanted to continue playing.

Hopefully whatever it is passes.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/08/21 at 04:44 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I can’t imagine after living in Chicago and playing for the same team all these years my heart or those of my family would be in pulling up stakes and shipping out to a whole new team and city. (*cough* especially Jersey *cough*)

Throwing Covid in the mix even makes it more of a no-brainer.

Anyhow I wish the guy luck…

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 01/08/21 at 04:55 PM ET

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 01/08/21 at 03:55 PM ET

Yeah, I bet you’d turn down nearly $8M to spend two years in Jersey.

Posted by PresidentJoeByzerman on 01/08/21 at 06:02 PM ET

This is not about a commenter declining 8m
for two years in NJ lol…

It’s about an aging NHL goalie who has already made a ton of
money and won it all with the only NHL team he’s ever played for, but who has been plagued by serious brain Injuries, electing to go a third of the way across the country in the midst of Covid and either uproot or not see his family, in order to play a couple more seasons for a team in which he’s likely to be the backup and for one unlikely to make the playoffs either year of his deal.

Posted by lefty.30 on 01/08/21 at 11:44 PM ET

I’m not saying that’s what’s going on internally with Crawford btw
as of course I don’t know and can’t know and don’t consider it my business, really.

But in evaluating some of the major, externally obvious issues involved,
it’s reasonable to wonder if some or all don’t play a role.

Posted by lefty.30 on 01/08/21 at 11:48 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Joe, I honestly hope some day you begin to lean towards commenting anything of value instead of taking stabs at patrons of this place.

In the meantime, I’ve discovered the nifty little ignore option on your profile page.  See ya.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 01/09/21 at 03:57 PM ET