Corey Crawford And The Water Bottle Incident

I planned to stay away from this story, but with some additional information now added, I guess it is newsworthy...

from Blake Schuster of the Chicago Tribune,

Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford has been accused of spraying a Los Angeles Kings fan with a water bottle during the final minutes of a Game 4 loss in the Western Conference finals Monday, according to a report from TMZ.com.

Clark Wong, a 27-year-old fan, claims Crawford sprayed him from the bench after being pulled for an extra attacker, causing an irritation to his eyes.

When contacted Wednesday by the Tribune, Wong declined to comment, saying he has received death threats and directing all questions to his lawyer.

A Los Angeles Police Department spokesman told CBSChicago.com that police are not investigating the matter.

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: corey+crawford

Comments

blammo's avatar

His eyes are allergic to water. Just ask his lawyer.

One thing that separates Americans from Canadian is their penchant for litigation.

Posted by blammo from Vancouver, BC on 05/28/14 at 01:36 PM ET

I am sure this gentleman just sat like a good boy in his seat and evil millionaire athlete just sprayed this toxic substance known as water in his face out of nowhere.
What is the world coming to.

Posted by George0211 on 05/28/14 at 01:49 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Crawford better hope Clark is Wong.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/28/14 at 01:51 PM ET

Clearly Crawford is a monster who deserves to be drummed out of the league.

Posted by Garth on 05/28/14 at 01:55 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by blammo from Vancouver, BC on 05/28/14 at 01:36 PM ET

Sorry, chum, but that will have to be filed under “Cherished Myths That are Wrong”  (like “Canadian beer is stronger”): http://www.law.harvard.edu/programs/olin_center/papers/pdf/Ramseyer_681.pdf

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/28/14 at 01:57 PM ET

allow me to be the first LA Kings fan - and long-time hockey fan more generally - to apologize for many of the “new” hockey fans in LA. Winning in hockey, and doing so consistently, is something new for this city, and hopefully, as the Kings’ success continues, they will actually learn how the game is played as well.

Posted by scooter on 05/28/14 at 02:05 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

I wonder how Mr. Wong is enjoying his ride on the bandwagon.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 05/28/14 at 02:14 PM ET

blammo's avatar

I skimmed your paper:

Suits filed (per 100,000 people):

Canada - 1,450

USA - 5,806

Sounds pretty litigious to me.

I’m not going to get into a troll war over this, it’s my last post. I’ll leave you to your race jokes.

Posted by blammo from Vancouver, BC on 05/28/14 at 03:26 PM ET

MY EYES!! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!

Posted by Probie4Prez on 05/28/14 at 03:30 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’ll leave you to your race jokes

Well this went to an insanely stupid place for a bad reason.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 05/28/14 at 04:24 PM ET