Comrie To The Penguins

via Ryan Rishaug tweet,

Comrie signs with pens. 1 year

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mike+comrie

Comments

Paul's avatar

$500K

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/03/10 at 01:13 PM ET

Wow…didn’t expect this one.  I can now say with certainty that no team is deeper offensively than the Pens.  Four very solid lines.

Posted by Geno71 on 09/03/10 at 01:18 PM ET

That’s interesting, I’ve always hated the guy, I wonder if it’s a two-way.

Posted by NathanBC on 09/03/10 at 01:29 PM ET

Pharazon's avatar

he’s softer than brie for crying out loud..

hello healthy scratch

Posted by Pharazon from England on 09/03/10 at 01:31 PM ET

Buzz on the Turd says he was told he’ll start the season on the top two lines as a wing.

Pharazon, 1 out of 12 forwards is okay, and it will push the rookies even harder.

Posted by NathanBC on 09/03/10 at 01:33 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Plus Hilary Duff too cheese

Posted by Evilpens on 09/03/10 at 01:36 PM ET

Muero's avatar

I would argue that there are several teams deeper up front than the Penguins. Having Crosby and Malkin makes up for lack of depth, though.

Posted by Muero on 09/03/10 at 01:37 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Posted by Geno71 on 09/03/10 at 11:18 AM ET

I’m curious to know what your criteria for “certainty” is with regards to this team now having the deepest collection of offensive talent in the NHL.

I have no team in mind when I think about that comment, simply looking for some education on proclimations of such.

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 09/03/10 at 01:40 PM ET

I think that’s an unqauntifiable thing like a lot of situations that are discussed.

I can say with certainty that I’m quite happy with the Penguins’ roster.

Posted by NathanBC on 09/03/10 at 01:48 PM ET

Great pickup. Biggest question with Comrie is whether he can play a whole season. He’s only done it a handful of times, although, when he has, he’s a 30 goal guy.

Posted by penguinsfan on 09/03/10 at 02:13 PM ET

The Pens are plenty deep in forwards, unfortunately it’s 3rd/4th line guys.  Regardless, for 500k this deal is fine.  If the young guys aren’t ready, Comrie can at least play a bit til they are ready or maybe even surprise and get 20-30 goals (he had 13 in 40 odd games with Edmonton last year).  It’s low risk, and if he gets so bad that he needs to be waived, Shero has shown he is not afraid to do that (Sykora, Satan and those guys both had much higher cap hits).

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 09/03/10 at 02:18 PM ET